nineteen ~ the shore

Harry's POV:

Harry's POV:

     The plans were made, the preparations complete; in the smallest bedroom three separate strands of hair were ready to be put into canteens of polyjuice potion. 

     "And you'll be using her actual wand," I said, nodding toward the walnut wand. "So I reckon you'll be pretty convincing."

    "I'll be fine," Cassidy said, though it looked like she was assuring herself more than assuring us.

    "That is the wand that tortured Neville's mum and dad, and who knows how many other people? This is the wand that killed Sirius!"

     Cassidy sent Hermione a glare. "Would you like the honor of holding her wand then?" 

     "Cassidy, I didn't mean to- I'm sorry," Hermione said. "I'm just worried."

     "It's okay, Mione," Cassidy gulped. "We'll be fine"

     I looked down at the wand and was visited by a brutal urge to snap it, to slice it in half with Gryffindor's sword, which was propped against the wall beside me.

     "We've told Bill and Fleur we're leaving tomorrow, and we've told them not to get up to see us off," I told the others. "We know what to bring to the place and we've gone over the plan more than we went over the Ministry Break-in. We can do this."

     I slept badly that night and Cassidy also continued tossing and turning. 

     Lying away in the early hours, I thought back to the way I had felt the night before we had infiltrated the Ministry of Magic and remembered a determination, almost an excitement. Now I was experiencing jolts of anxiety nagging doubts.

     It was a relief when six o-clock arrived and we could dress in the semidarkness, then creep out into the garden, where we were to meet Hermione and Cassidy. The dawn was chilly, but there was little wind now that it was May. 

    May.

    I looked up at the stars still glimmering palely in the dark sky and listened to the sea washing backward and forward against the cliff. I was going to miss the sound and by the looks of it, Cassidy would too. 

     I saw her looking out at the shore, her hair framing her face perfectly. Focusing back on the task at hand, I noticed that she was dressed in a set of old robes.

     "Are you ready, Sid?" Hermione asked cautiously as she held up her own flask.

     "Yeah..."

     Soon the three drank their own drinks, leaving some left in the bottle. They all began transforming, Ron into Rookwood and Hermione into Avery.