eight ~ got the job

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     "Heliore, the first phoenix to be known was able to pass on his abilities to Pyroklinta the next Phoenix. There can only be one phoenix in the world at a time and their powers cannot be muted but can be passed down-"

     "I'm sorry," Ron interrupted. "Why do you need to know this again?"

     I was reading the book that Dumbledore had given me to Hermione and Ron. It was already Friday and Harry was in his meeting with Dumbledore. 

     We were just sitting in the common room, waiting. 

     "I told you, Dumbledore just handed me the book and told me to read it," I said, waving the book in the air. 

     "Let me see this, maybe there is a clue as to why he asked this of you," Hermione said, standing up to walk over the couch where I was sitting. 

     She took the book from my hands and looked at the page I was reading. 

     "Cassidy, there aren't even any words in here"

     I sat up from the couch and looked at the page. Words in red ink lay where she was looking, and right next to it, was an illustration of Heliore, the first phoenix- who is apparently the phoenix that gave my wand a core). 

    "Hermione, are you blind? The words are right there," I said pointing to the page.

     "Sid, there's nothing there, I am literally looking at the book!" Hermione protested. 

     "Hermione-!"

     "Let me see," Ron said standing up and sitting on the couch between me and Hermione. He took the book from Hermione's hands and turned over the pages, flipping through the book. 

     He was sitting there in silence as he rifled through the pages. 

     "Sid...." he said finally. "I think you've gone insane" 

     "What!?"

     "There's nothing here," Ron said.

     "Are you guys tricking me? It isn't funny," I said, grabbing the book from Ron's hand. "You think I just made up some bullshit story about a phoenix called Heliore?"

     "Well," Hermione began. "Maybe only you can read it"

     "What?"

     "You know, like Chronika? Your book?" Hermione said.

     "Yeah, but it doesn't have the rune on it," I sighed, closing the book.

     "Why are both you and Harry so caught up in these books? How do you know that it isn't evil or anything?"