seventeen ~ band of baboons

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     "Krum?" I smirked. "What about him?"

     Hermione didn't even glance up from her book while Ginny looked my way with a smug smile. We were in the Library, Ginny and I doing homework while Hermione read. 

     December had found a way to catch up to us already, the cold air nipping at my skin whenever I ended up outside. So, the Library was the study place for now.

     "He's been staring at Hermione for a bit now," Ginny replied, answering my question. 

     Out of the corner of my eye, Hermione's cheeks grow pink causing me to smile. Of course, I know that Ron and Hermione end up together but at the moment Ron is being a prat and not admitting his feelings.

     "Oh?" The smile on my face is irreversible as I say the next few words, "He fancies you, Mione." 

     Before she can protest my claim, I take the Goblet of Fire book out of my bag, ignoring the embarrassed expression on Hermione's face. I looked around quickly to check our surroundings. 

     "Ladies," I begin once I know that we were clear of any eavesdroppers, "I've been holding this for about a week now. I don't think I should show you all of it but I can show you the previous books."

     Hermione's eyes widened. "Is this-?"

     "Yes, this year," I answer.

     "And the previous?" Ginny asks.

     "In the room of requirement."

     "What's the Room of-?" Hermione cuts herself off to say something else. "You really shouldn't show us this!"

     "I know."

     "Can you show us the other ones? The ones that happened already?" Ginny asked. 

     There aren't any hints as to what the future could hold in the other books, right? Just how it wouldn't spoil the ending of the series. 

     While the thoughts arise in my mind, I felt a pit in my stomach as I refered to them as stories and books rather than the reality we were living in.

     How else do you expect to help if you pretend you never thought of them as books in the first place? Instead of moping about it, use it to your advantage! The encouraging voice in my head reminded me of Ginny's question.

     "Yeah, yes," I replied, nodding my head. "That should work."

    "What the-?! Sid!?" Hermione yelps.

    "Mione!" I mock playfully.

     She narrows her eyes on me and says, "You will not be showing us anything! Don't you understand how dangerous this all is?"