one ~ the burrow

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     "Cassidy," Hermione spoke in a worried tone, "I don't think this is a good idea."

     I sent her a look over my shoulder, the sun blazing into my eyes for a slight moment. 

     "It's fine, Mione," I shrugged it off, "What can go wrong? I've studied and read all of the instructions."

     Hermione shook her head slightly and I gripped my wand tighter, afraid that I might drop it from the sweat in my hands. The summer heat was crashing down on us with terrible intensity.

     "You can splinch! Are you crazy!?" Hermione exclaimed. 

    I sent a look around us even though no one could have heard seeing as we were in a small forest across the park near Hermione's house.

     "Mione," I sighed, "I'm only going to apparate a yard away."

     She sent me a look that I knew was a silent scolding. I tilted my neck to the side, stretching it as I prepared myself for the spell.

    Surely, I couldn't do it wrong, right?

     Over the summer, I had grown quite accustomed to learning more advanced skills. This was just another one...right?

     I let out a breath and repeated the 3 D's in my head. I stood behind a small trig on the floor and Hermione stood a little less than a yard away.

    If I did this correctly, I should apparate behind her.

    Shutting my eyes, I felt my insides squirm slightly before I opened my eyes again.

    The sun hit my eyes through the crown of trees first. Hermione turned and gasped, a wide smile coming to her face.

    "Oh, thank goodness," she muttered, throwing her arms over my shoulders and hugging me.

    I smiled, very proud to have done it myself too. 

    Hermione then pushed away from me with her shoulders and hit me in my arm. 

    "Ow! What the fu-?!"

     "Cassidy Eva Winters," She hissed, "You are to never worry me that much again!"

     "Okay, okay! I promise!" I yelped, massaging the place on my arm where she striked me. 

     Hermione huffed and let her arms hang at her sides. She let out a small praise, "That was a nonverbal spell."

     My lips twitched as her appreciation for my ability to adapt to magic so easily overtook her anger with me.

    "Yeah," I smiled, "It was."

    Hermione let out a breath through her nose, a silent laugh, before hooking her arm through mine. 

    "Let's go home," she stated, "Mum has spinach ravioli prepared for dinner."