twelve ~ more like mental

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     "Where have you two been?" Ron whispers loudly as we join them at the tables.

     However, I couldn't respond because I was just realizing the beautiful decorations in the Hall. 

     There were floating carved pumpkins that emanated a golden candlelight and flying bats that squeaked quietly. There were orange streamers that seemed to slowly flow through the air, as though someone had just popped a confetti cannon in slow motion. 

     "Woah," I mutter in a trance, "I never expected it to be so well decorated." 

     Ron and Hermione chuckle and tell me how amazing it looks during Christmas. Then, Harry recounts how horrid it looked during Valentine's day of last year.

     The food was delicious. Even though the trio had eaten tons of Honeydukes sweets, they still seemed to be starving from the way they could continue filling their stomachs. The feast had ended with entertainment by the Hogwarts Ghosts. 

     It was truly a fun night.

     Once Dumbledore dismissed us back to our common rooms, we went towards the Gryffindor Common room to find a whole bunch of people crowded around it.

     "Why isn't anyone going in?" I hear Ron ask from in front of me.

     "Oh...Now I remember," I whisper. 

     Harry and Hermione turn to look at me. I laugh sheepishly but Percy pushes past us, saving me from having to answer their questioning expressions. 

     "Let me through, please. What's the holdup here? You can't all have forgotten the password- excuse me, I'm Head Boy-" Percy exclaims while making his way through the crowd. 

     Suddenly everyone stopped speaking and everything was quiet.

     "Somebody get Professor Dumbledore. Quick!"

     I took the trio away from the crowd and whispered, "Guys, it was Sirius"

     Ron whimpers. "He was trying to get into the Gryffindor common room but he didn't have the password and her got- uh- mad," I rub my hand behind my neck.

     "More like mental!" Ron whines. I look at him and roll my eyes.

     "You'll see. He isn't here to hurt you, Harry. He would never," I said as I turned to Harry. He was about to respond but we see the students coming back towards the corridor.

     Hermione looked at me inquisitively before we joined back with the other Gryffindors.

     "Everyone in their sleeping bags! Come on now, no more talking! Lights out in 10 minutes!" Percy yells to the buzzing students. 

     The Great Hall, once filled with the murmurs of students, was now silencing itself. We found four sleeping bags next to each other and began getting comfortable.

     "Do you think Black's still in the castle?" Hermione whispers.

     "Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," Ron says back. "What about it, Sid? You know everything anyway. I heard Seamus saying that he lost track of Halloween and didn't realize we'd all be in the Great Hall. Is that true?"

     I rolled my eyes, "We aren't any danger. And he wouldn't forget Halloween. Plus, why would he come in the Great Hall if everyone was gonna be here?"

     Ron scoffed lightly and whispers loudly, "That guy is a murderer, that's why! Killed 13 muggles!"

     "He's not," I muttered, "I'm going to bed."

     Laying down into my sleeping bag as Percy yells for everyone to get to bed, I ignored the impractical guesses of the other students.

     I look up into the enchanted ceiling, thinking about how Halloween just became my least favorite holiday.

     I lay onto my side to face Harry. His eyes were still open. I smile and whisper, "Goodnight, Chosen One."

    He smiles at the name, "Goodnight, Phoenix."