seventeen ~ poison

Harry's POV:

Harry's POV:

     "Happy birthday, Ron!"

     Ron drowsily rubbed the tiredness from his eyes. It was now March first and even though there would not be a Hogsmeade trip, Ron was still looking forward to today.

     "Have a present," I said as I threw the package onto his bed, where it joined a small pile of others that must have been delivered by house-elves in the night.

     "Cheers," muffled Ron, and as he ripped off the paper I got out of bed and opened my trunk, rummaging in it for the Marauder's Map. 

     Even though Cassidy had told me not to worry about Malfoy, I still looked on the map every once in a while to see what he was doing and tried finding out what this mission of his was. 

     "Right," I hummed as I held the map. Tapping it quietly, I murmured, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," so that Neville, who was passing the foot of his bed, would not hear.

     "Nice one, Harry!" cheered Ron enthusiastically, waving the new pair of Quidditch Keeper's gloves I had given him.

     "No problem," I said, giving him a small smile. I turned back to the map and was about to continue looking for Malfoy when Ron interrupted yet again.

     "Want one?" asked Ron thickly, holding out a box of Chocolate Cauldrons.

     "No thanks," I replied, this time not looking up from the map. "Where the hell is he?"

     "Harry...are you sure you should be stalking him? Cassidy did say-"

     "What the fuck? I am not stalking Malfoy. He is a death eater and I am simply trying to figure out what the hell he is up to."

     "Whatever you say," said Ron, stuffing a second Cauldron into his mouth as he slid out of bed to get dressed. "Come on. If you don't hurry up you'll have to Apparate on an empty stomach... might make it easier, I suppose..."

     Ron looked thoughtfully at the box of Chocolate Cauldrons, then shrugged and helped himself to a third.

     I tapped the map with my wand and muttered, "Mischief managed." 

     However, this did not stop my thoughts from thinking about what Malfoy was doing for Voldemort. What could Voldemort possibly do to Hogwarts?

     "Ready?" I asked Ron once he seemed ready for the day. I was halfway to the dormitory door when I realized that Ron had not moved. He, instead, was leaning on his bedpost, staring out of the rain-washed window with a strangely unfocused look on his face.

     "Ron? Breakfast."

     "I'm not hungry."

     I simply stared at him. Since when has Ron been known to not be hungry?