twenty-nine ~ at your service

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

    My head was dizzy as I woke up. 

    I strained to open my eyes and recognized my surroundings. From the rows of beds on either side of the room and the faint smell of medicine, I realized we were in the hospital wing.

    Harry got us back.

    "Cassidy!"

     The voice seemed amplified to the point my head rung slightly. 

     "Too loud," I replied.

     "Sid!" Someone whisper yelled and I turned to the voice to find Ron.

     I looked around to see the Weasleys and Hermione all gathered in the room.

    I smiled slightly upon seeing all of them. An ache returned to my bones. I couldn't help but feel imensely sore. 

     "Where's Harry?" I immediately asked.

    And just as the words left my lips, the hospital door opened and in came a black dog, Dumbledore, and Harry.

    Oh, Harry. 

    Harry's lower right pant leg was ripped and his sleeve was sliced through, allowing me to see the bandage around his arm. I could see the pain in his eyes behind his slightly lopsided glasses.

     I got out of bed despite the protests of my body and made my way over to him. 

    Wrapping my arms around his neck, I buried my tear-strained face into the crook of his neck, right where I fit. Because we always fit together like puzzle pieces. 

     He wrapped one arm around my waist and the other to hold onto my head. I hugged him so tightly because I couldn't afford to lose him again. To see him in pain like I had right before I passed out.

    Harry held onto me just as tightly.

    "I'm sorry," I mutter, quiet enough for only him to hear, "I'm sorry. I wish I could've done more-"

     "Cass," He whispered interrupting me. "I thought you were dead."

     "It's alright, Harry, I'm alright!" I said as I pulled away and turned to the dog.

    I kneeled down and put my arms around his neck.

    "I'm okay," I said. 

    He did a small bark and nuzzled his snout into my neck. I was so focused on Harry and Sirius that I didn't even realize Dumbledore had said anything.

     "-This dog will be remaining with Harry and Cassidy for a while. I assure you he is extremely well trained."

    I stood back up and felt a sharp pang of needles shoot up my leg. I felt my body lean left slowly before an arm reached up to subtly support me.