twenty-three ~ can't lose you too

Cassidy's POV: 

Cassidy's POV: 

     Once Gryffindor won the Quidditch Cup for the year, we decided to throw a party in the common room. Very grateful that it did not result in Harry kissing Ginny out of nowhere like in the books, I'd say it was a good one. 

     Over the past few weeks, Hermione has been trying to find evidence that would discredit the Half-Blood Prince. Of course, I couldn't help her, plus Harry's stubbornness would never allow him to give up that book until he knows it was Snape. 

     Time has passed fairly quickly since the Quidditch Cup and I have still been doing my very best to avoid Harry. The only time we've ever had to talk is when Hermione and Ron were there so there was never a chance to discuss what happened.

     In order to take my mind off all the shit that had been going on, I re-read the stupid phoenix book again. 

     "Why did he give you that book again?" Hermione asked me one day while we were sitting in the dorm reading.

     "How the fuck am I supposed to know?" I huffed, slamming the book closed. "I keep re-reading it, thinking I would get the answer but he isn't giving me shit! Every time I try and talk to him, he manages to slip in a meeting with Harry at the same exact time!"

     "Or you're just going every time he and Harry have a meeting," Hermione commented with a raised eyebrow.

     "Well, if that was the case, I'm not doing it on purpose," I said, annoyed. "I mean, for Merlin's sake, he's going to die and he won't let me talk to him!"

     "Cassidy, maybe he's just sorting out his last wishes!"

     "He's been sorting them out all year, Mione!" I huffed. "I don't mean to sound like a heartless bitch, but Dumbledore doesn't give explanations for the shit he does. I'm not trying to figure out some puzzle!"

     "Let me see the book," Hermione responded. 

     "Last time you said that you said you couldn't read it," I argued. "Just promise me you won't joke around. I'm not in the mood for that crap."

     Hermione rolled her eyes before walking over to my bed and grabbing the book from me. She opened the cover and I watched as the deep red script glowed faintly.

     "I swear I'm not joking," Hermione started. "But I can't see anything."

     "Mione-!"

     "I'm not fucking joking!"

     "Mione!" I yelped, having never heard her curse before. "Language!"