twenty-three ~ gryffindor

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     "Cassidy!"

     Right when I entered the common room, Hermione had called my name. I looked to see her drooping her head and I immediately knew something was wrong. 

     "What's wrong?"

     She sniffled and headed me a note.

     Dear Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Cassidy,

     We lost. I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts. The execution date has to be fixed. Beaky has enjoyed London. I won't forget all the hope you two gave us. 

     Hagrid.

    "Oh, gods," I mutter as I finish reading, "We should tell the boys." 

     She nods and we walk together through corridors, searching for the two boys. We turn a corner and see Ron and Harry talking to each other until they stop to face us.

     "Come to have a good gloat?" Ron said. 

     I narrow my eyes at his rudeness and handed him the note, "We actually came to give you this."

     They read it and Harry speaks, "They can't do this. They can't. Buckbeak isn't dangerous."

     "Malfoy's dad frightened the Committee into it. You know what he's like. They're a bunch of doddery, old fools, and they were scared," Hermione says while wiping her tears. 

     My heart jolted at the mention of Lucius. For such a small person, I hold up a whole lotta hatred for one person.

      "There'll be an appeal, though, there always is. Only I can't see any hope, nothing will have changed," She finished.

     "Yeah, it will. This time, we'll all work on it. Together," Ron said with a tone of determination. Hermione flings her arms around Ron and hugged him. 

     Harry and I look at each other with a knowing glint in our eyes which said, These two, am I right?

     "Ron, I'm really sorry about Scabbers," Hermione finally said as they departed.

     "Oh- well- he was old. He was a bit useless. Who knows? Maybe Mom and Dad'll get me an owl now."

     "Oh, you'll get an owl, let's say that," I smirk while leaning against the wall. Then I remember the execution of Buckbeak. The smile falls off my face.

     "Sid?" Harry frowns. 

     "The day of the execution," I whisper to myself.

     "What?" Hermione asked. I look up at the trio and shake my head.