twenty-four ~ burn bright

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     "So you're telling me that Moody...isn't Moody?" Dad asked.

     "Yep," Harry and Ron said at the same time.

     "Why haven't you said anything?!" 

    "We can't," I answered. "It's too risky...we can't do anything until after the third task on June 24th"

    "Why? What happens on June 24th?

     "A lot," I sighed. "but I have a plan."

    "Can we help in any way?" Hermione asked.

     "No," I shook my head firmly. "You can't. You aren't even supposed to know the stuff that you do. Last year I told you part of it and it didn't change much but now you know names and who is who! It is already affecting everything."

     "Okay..." Hermione said uncertainly.

     "Hey, Sid, Tell him about what happened in Snape's class!" Ron said to change the subject.

     "She told him off," Harry said with a smile.

     My dad's eyes widen as Harry and Ron recounted the story of how I talked back to him and left his class. Sirius had a smile on his face that stirred something foreign within me.

    Something so dark that it pained me.

     I felt my stomach churn and my heart pick up. Not another one- 

     My head began to feel light. 

     "Hey, uh, I think I'm going to step out for a...minute," I muttered, cutting off whoever was speaking as I stumbled to my feet. "I'll be back..."

    I could faintly hear my name being called as I stepped out of the cave but the feeling to throw up overtook my senses.

    Once I made it out of the cave, I found my wand clutched in my hand and apparated away. 

    It was my second time apparating but that didn't really register through my mind as I did it. All I knew was that I needed to get away. I needed to breathe.

     I appeared in an alley. I knew was still in Hogsmeade from the brick wall that was the Hog's Head but I couldn't exactly observe much longer as I doubled over and had my insides tossed out of me and onto the concrete. 

    With my hands on my knees, I felt slightly better in my stomach. 

     Life Hack: Don't apparate when you're feeling sick.

    Extending my hand, I reached toward the wall to balance myself. 

    Shit. Shit. Shit.

    I walked away from where my insides lay. My head ached but I focused on my breathing. I will not have another breakdown.

    I'm not sure how long I walked down the streets of Hogsmeade but I eventually pulled myself together and put on a smile.