three ~ quite remarkable

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     After spending time in Diagon Alley, I found it hard to care about whether or not it was a dream anymore. 

     It was beautiful.

     I was left speechless as I looked at the odd-shaped buildings and the wizarding products that were showcased in the store windows. There were Madam Malkins and Flourish and Blotts and Ollivanders!

     We spent some time trying to find some things for myself given that I had nothing of mine from the orphanage. Harry said he was fine with paying but I promised I would find a way to pay him back.

     Once we did a reasonable amount of shopping, Harry led me to Fortescue's parlor where we ended up eating ice cream together. He seemed a little awkward at first but I didn't mind.

      Technically, I was just this random stranger that he met this morning. Over the day, we got to know each other a little better and laughed together. A lot.

     "So you snuck out of the orphanage to go to the library of all places?" He laughed.

     "Yes! I was not going to let Mr. Park keep me in that depressing building! My best friend, Victoria, was gonna sneak out with me until she found out that I was only going to be at the library," I claimed.

     "Cassidy Winters you are quite remarkable," He smiled before scooping another bite into his mouth.

     I gasped, "Did the Harry Potter just call me- a simple muggle- remarkable?"

     Of course, I was actually flipping out on the inside, but I wasn't going to show it.

     "You are the remarkable one Potter," I stated. "Defeating Voldemort in your first year? And the Basilisk? I would hate to be you, no offense."

    He looked at me and chuckled, "I forgot that you know literally everything. So, I am gonna guess that I won't have a quiet year this time around either."

     I shrugged while grinning and ate another scoop of ice cream, finishing it entirely.

    "I know that you don't like all the fame," I answer after a little while. Harry looks at me, and I continue, "just so you know, I'm not friends with you just because you're 'The Boy Who Lived' or 'The Chosen One'. You are actually quite remarkable personality-wise"

     "The chosen one? When have I been called that?" He asked with an entertained face. I winced and sighed. "You let something slip, didn't you? Can't wait for that name to come around," He chimes sarcastically.

     We both laugh and start to stand up from the patio table to throw away the empty ice cream cups.

     "I am not going to be your personal fortune teller, Harry. I'll tell you little things though." I think for a second before snapping my fingers, "Oh! I know that the Weasleys will be coming to the Leaky Cauldron on the 31st. They'll be staying the night so you all will go to Hogwarts together."

     Then I realized that I won't be going to Hogwarts. Where will I go? It was 1993 and I don't know anybody. Surely Dumbledore could help...

     "Really? Good to know. Guess what I know," he looks at me, grinning, "You owe me 8 galleons, 12 sickles, and 16 knuts."

     Suddenly his eyebrows furrow and he starts heading a different direction. I stood confused before deciding to follow him. I looked up to find him walking towards a shop.

     "Harry,I know I owe you some money but- uh- What are we doing at Ollivanders?" I asked once I caught up to him. He grabs my hand and pulls me inside. I look around and notice how it truly does look exactly like the movies. "Harry, I'm not-"

    "Miss Winters? Oh, and Mister Potter," A man said, coming down the stairs on the left-hand side.

     "Mr. Ollivander, hi," I greeted awkwardly. How did he know me? 

     "Hello, my dear," He smiled, looking at me intently.

     I shifted my stance in the center of the room, glancing at Harry who stood on my right.

     "I was not aware Evanna Winters had any children..." He whispered, studying my face.

     "Evanna Winters?" I never knew my mother's name. If this was a dream then how could I be sure this was even true?

     "Yes, your mother was a muggle-born. She fought in the wizarding war," He told me in a tone full of sorrow.

     "Cass? Are you okay?" Harry asked and I looked up at him to merely nod.

     "Yeah, I am okay. Wait- does that mean...I can get a wand of my own?" I ask, looking up at Ollivander.

     If this Evanna Winters truly was my mom then I should be a witch, right? And even if this all was a dream, I wouldn't mind trying to find my true wand anyway.

     He measured me before leaving to go find boxes. I knew that choosing a wand takes a while, but it was a long while.

     After about 25 minutes of countless wands, he finally comes back with a box, fully black and not like the others. No serial number on it. He opened the box and inside laid a beautiful wand.

     A beautiful redwood, different from any other I had seen before. The handle was perfectly carved to look as though it was wrapped in flames- if that even made sense.

      I somehow knew it was the one before even touching it. I picked it up from the box, and all the mess that had previously been made from rejected wands started repairing itself.

     With a new rush of overwhelming joy, I smiled as realization dawned over me. I was a witch and this wasn't all in my head. 

     Ollivander chuckled and explained, "That wand is very rare. Red oak too. The true match for a red oak wand is an individual of unusually fast reactions, making it a perfect dueling wand. Its ideal master is light of touch, quick-witted and adaptable, often the creator of distinctive, trademark spells, and a good person to have besides in a fight. 

     "Phoenix Feather, always the pickiest cores when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalize, and their allegiance is usually hard-won. However, the Phoenix who gave that wand its core was said to be the first phoenix to exist."

     "The first phoenix?" I repeated with surprise.

     "Yes, Miss Winters. And so that is your wand. Red oak, Phoenix feather, 10 and 3/4 inches, slightly flexible. I can tell you will do great things, my dear."

     I smiled and thanked him profusely. "I-I don't have any money, Mr. Ollivander."

     "Oh, that is alright," Harry exclaimed. "I'll get it. You can simply pay me back later"

     "Harry! No-"

     "C'mon, Cass," He insisted. Harry turned back toward Ollivander and paid for the wand. 

      Soon, we left Ollivanders and Harry started telling me how it was no surprise that I had a phoenix core. 

      "I mean you are kinda like a phoenix. Very....remarkable. I can't really find another word for it. The three-eyed phoenix."

      I scoffed, "I still can't believe you paid for it. What the hell is a three-eyed phoenix?"

     He looked at me before explaining, "It's your new title. The chosen one and the three-eyed phoenix."

     "I don't know," I joked, "Mines sounds a bit lengthy-"

     Harry laughs and hits my shoulder, "Oh, shut up"