twenty-seven ~ the spare

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

    As we made our way to the pitch, I shook out my nerves. I needed to act like Cedric.

   But how did Cedric act? How the fuck am I supposed to know?

    "Ced!" 

    I turn around to see Cho Chang running towards me. She is shorter than me now since I am Cedric. Shit, I'm Cedric and that makes me her boyfriend-

     She wrapped her arms around my neck and I didn't even know what was happening because all too quickly she kissed me. 

     When she pulls away she was smiling. I couldn't hep but feel the guilt run through me.

    But then she said goodbye and I turned back to the champions, hoping my cheeks weren't flushed. Gods, this is weird.

    Bagman turned to the crowd and made his voice loud. 

    I rub the nape of my neck, hoping to get rid of the guilt and nerves. I need to focus. 

    I don't even end up listening to his speech until I hear Cedric's name being called. 

     "So...on my whistle, Harry and Cedric!" Bagman said, gesturing us toward the entrance of the dark maze. 

       I walk up and look over at Harry, giving a small nod. I figured that would be something Cedric would do. 

     "Three-"

     I look back toward the maze. The dark unknown. All I knew now was that I needed to get through this last task. 

    "Two-!"

     Just get past the creatures lying within, with barred fangs and long claws; with the ability to create my darkest fears and probably injure me severely.

     Easy-peasy...

     "One!" 

     He blows his whistle loudly and I hurried into the maze. The hedges towered over me and I turned to see Harry. It was dark and sent a terrifying chill through my altered bones. 

     My breathing didn't become rapid like I would've expected. It was like my body knew to not panic at this moment. And thank the gods for that-

     "Lumos," I hear Harry say in the shadows.

    I copy him and find his face, lit only by our wands. 

   He raises a brow. "Phoenix, what the hell kind of plan is this?"

    "W-What?" I sputter out. "What are you talking about?"