twenty ~ aren't one for cliches

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     Ron was tense and stiff as we swayed awkwardly on the dance floor. His hand was gingerly placed on my waist and I stifled a laugh as he grimaced when I put my hand on his shoulder.

      "He's going to kill me," Ron muttered.

     "Why's that?" I asked with an amused expression.

     "It's obvious he likes you. Even if he hasn't said anything," He said with a roll of his eyes. "He even has a nickname for you...Wait, why does he call you Phoenix?

     "Long story...but at least we aren't you two. You both just bicker non-stop. Gods, the list I have made of your argument topics is long as fuck."

     He narrowed his eyes at me. "Right. But then again we aren't taking turns staring at one another across a ballroom."

     I felt my face turn florid. The red was surely visible to Ron who glared at me. "Great! Now he'll be pissed!"

     "What? Why?" I snapped up, in concern.

     "Because now you're blushing!"

      I clear my throat, "I am simply having a good time!" 

      Ron rose an eyebrow. I knew that he was right. Some part of me knew that Harry had been looking my way. I knew that there were eyes on me when I was looking away from him. 

     It made my stomach riddle with butterflies only to have them burst into flames when I remember what I'm here for.

     "You know," I began, "He isn't supposed to like me."

     "What are you on about?" Ron said. He stepped on my foot and muttered a small apology before I answered.

     "Well, in the books he is supposed to like someone else, but when I asked him he said he didn't like her. So, he can't like me. He isn't supposed to."

     Ron considered this for a moment. "Don't tell Hermione I said this but...maybe what's in the books isn't everything. You just have to live and see for yourself."

     I pursed my lips, "I guess...When did you become Mr. Smarty-pants?"

     "Smart?" He echoed with wide eyes. "I've never been called that before"

     A laugh left my throat and Ron followed. The music stopped and we walk back to the table. 

    I sighed as I sat back down. The heels were pretty but as Beyonce said: Pretty Hurts.

     "What time is it?" I asked.

    "Uh, I reckon it's half-past eleven," Ron shrugged.

     "Well, as fun as this has been, I had my dance, ate great food, took some pictures, and now I am getting a bit tired in these stupid shoes," I complained.