ARC 8 Re: Covenantor

Chapter 234

Shang Ze died at the moment when the experiment was about to be successful and there was a chance for him to be restored from an emotionally deprived covenantor to a normal human being. It was even at the hands of his elder brother.

Lu Xiufan held Shang Ze, who was covered in blood. He could only watch those bright eyes gradually lose their brilliance, and silently say goodbye to the world with remorse and reluctance.

“Little Ze!” He buried his head and cried out in agony, completely unable to accept what was happening.

At this moment, he suddenly felt liquid dripping from his fingertips. Lu Xiufan looked up and saw a line of tears flowing from the corner of Shang Ze’s closed right eye at some point.

Everyone thought that the covenantors was emotionless, but his Little Ze cried. At the moment of his death, he cried. With his tears, he broke the curse that imprisoned the covenantors.

Lu Xiufan’s body trembled uncontrollably.

His Little Ze had feelings! He loved life more than anyone else. He cried because he didn’t want to go! He cried out of grief.

“Little Ze!” Lu Xiufan held him tightly in his arms, suffering from such emotional agony that he couldn’t form any other words.

The laboratory was a mess, and the frenzied Lu Xiuqi was forcibly sent to the hospital room by the bodyguards, who quickly reported the situation to the Queen.

In the aftermath of the incident, Lu Xiufan was as stern as ever. On the surface, he appeared to be fine, but his close aides could sense his change.

From his frantic investigation into the truth of this incident, they could tell just how much he hated the culprit behind it. A drug that drove people insane was found within Lu Xiuqi’s body. It was the special psychotropic drug that was once injected into Shang Ze by his stepmother, capable of triggering mania symptoms similar to the Mental Virus.

Lu Xiuqi was the Queen’s husband, and if something happened to him during the inspection of Lu Xiufan’s experiments, he would certainly be suspected by the Queen. The other party obviously wanted to use Lu Xiuqi to cause conflict between him and the Queen, but they didn’t expect that their treatment drug had been successfully developed, so there was no reason at all for Lu Xiufan to murder Lu Xiuqi to avoid the inspection.

The research results were exchanged by Shang Ze with his life.

Lu Xiufan threw himself into the investigation of the incident and rechecked the previous cleared suspects and targets. He did it with such high efficiency and ruthlessness which makes anyone that heard about it trembled. A sleeping beast was awakened by them to begin its ferocious slaughter, and the aristocratic bureaucrats were ushered into the most frightening winter in history. The capital Soya was filled with an aura of austerity, and even the commoners sensed the signs of an impending storm.

Two years later, Lu Xiufan had swept up three deeply rooted and problematic bribery groups, from the mobs to bank officials, from underground trading to state governors, from diplomatic trade to finance ministers. From bottom to the top, they were all dealt with. The most shocking of them all was the State Chancellor of Science Ferguson, who held great power and was once regarded as the pride of the field of science, was actually a shameless foreign spy who had betrayed countless national intelligence over the decades.

In order to investigate these people, Lu Xiufan also paid a terrible price. He was blind in his right eye, his body cover with multiple gunshot wounds while he hovered on the verge of death countless times. He lived everyday in danger and threats.