ARC 1 Re : I Only Need 72 Hours To Fall In Love With You

Chapter 223: Back To That Key Moment ⑤

During his recuperation, Shang Ke’s daily routine consisted of eating, sleeping, and rehabilitation.

Ever since the incident with Gabriel, the hospital has been on heightened alert, and Shang Ke currently has only one visitor, Ravel. When the original owner, Cage, lived on the planet Taima, everyone around him was under Gabriel’s control. After sneaking back to the Dragon Fang planet, he had no family, and naturally no one came to visit him. Gabriel, who was supposed to revive the family with him, was sent to prison by Ravel again. It can be said that the only descendant left in the entire family was Cage.

Ravel walked into the ward and saw Shang Ke sitting in a wheelchair, with a portable computer placed on a moving table in front of him, and a game screen displayed on the computer screen. Shang Ke operated the virtual keyboard proficiently and was playing the game focusedly. The soft light shone on his body, creating a faint halo of light.

“Ravel, you’re here? Hold on a second, I’m going to clear the stage very soon.” Shang Ke greeted Ravel as he continued the action of his hands. Playing games is also one of his rehabilitation programs, mainly to exercise his finger dexterity and coordination, and to pass the time.

Ravel sat down silently and watched him wave his ten fingers and enjoy playing. In the entire new empire, he was probably the only one who dared to neglect him for a game.

A few minutes later, a pleasant ringing sounded from the screen, followed by the special effects of flower petals floating all over the sky, celebrating the player’s clearance.

Shang Ke gave a satisfied smile, then pushed away the mobile table, turned to Ravel, and asked, “Have you eaten yet? Let’s eat together?”

  “Sure.” Shang Ke asked naturally, and Ravel answered casually.

The new empire had just been formed and the situation was unstable, Ravel was busy every day, but would still make time to visit him.

“Today is the butterfly set meal, which is good for your stomach and eyes.” The so-called butterfly set was a menu that Shang Ke had designed for himself, and the color combinations of the dishes he had were prepared according to the doctor’s suggestions.

“Hn.” Ravel had no objection to this.

Shang Ke skillfully ordered, then poured a cup of hot tea for Ravel, and began to recount about his rehabilitation today and interesting life stories in a relaxed manner.

Ravel leaned comfortably on the sofa like a sleepy lion, with a bit of laziness between his eyebrows, his tiredness for the whole day vanished into thin air as he listened to Shang Ke’s unhurried voice. The first time Ravel met the boy was in the torture room, and he was deeply impressed by his perseverance. But it was only in these last few days when they started getting along.

After that ordeal, Ravel thought that even if he had recovered physically, he would be left with unforgettable mental pain. But after several counseling sessions with Shang Ke, the psychiatrist told him very clearly: “This boy is in a very healthy mental condition, much healthier than Your Majesty Ravel!”

The word ‘much’ was emphasized, as if to imply that he had a psychological problem, Ravel pretended that he didn’t hear it. As long as he was sure that Shang Ke was okay, he was relieved, though the psychological treatments were not canceled.

Shang Ke did not resist his arrangements. Whether it was the tedious and boring rehabilitation exercises or the endless physical examinations, they were all very well done. He always seemed to have fun, even with the usual three meals a day. In just a few days, the doctors and nurses who took care of him all became his followers.