ARC 16 : THIS LIFE~THE BEGINNING

Chapter 265: This Life—The Beginning (VI)

TL: Resonance

Shang Ke looked sleepily at the guy standing in front of him with breakfast in his living room.

“Why did you come?” Shang Ke asked.

“To have breakfast with you.” Wei Xun held up the beautifully wrapped food box in his hand, “As well as to cultivate friendship.”

According to normal people’s thinking, when they face a new and powerful rapist, even if they didn’t call the police, did not look for revenge, nor did they strangle him the moment they meet, they won’t have any “friendship” to cultivate. However, Shang Ke knew that this man has a soft spot for him, and Shang Ke liked him very much too. Facing his bossy and domineering behaviour, Shang Ke have always been unconventional and loved him regardless of what he did. The one who raped treated it as a lifelong achievement (even if he had no memories), and the one who got raped treated it as his lover’s feelings (because he has the memories).

So the final conclusion is that Wei Xun is not a normal person, and neither is he.

Shang Ke sat on the sofa, eating breakfast while thinking “Old married couple” does not seem to be sufficient to describe their relationship anymore, perhaps they should be called “world generations of adulterers”?

Ugh, how worrying. How are they going to continue being friends at this rate?

Other people are trying to make the person they like fall in love with them, but he has to go a great lengths to make the person he likes fall in love with him while not let outsiders find out that he is in love with him. They had to develop love spiritually while maintaining physical purity.

Wei Xun saw that Shang Ke’s face was dark with lowered eyebrows and he wasn’t speaking, and secretly thought that his impulsiveness the day before had made Shang Ke have grievance against him.

“Is it not to your taste?” Wei Xun broke the silence.

“As breakfast,” Shang Ke commented rigidly, “the nutrition combination is not reasonable enough. Sandwiches, buns, cheese, juice, ham, bacon and eggs are all acidic foods. Excessive intake will easily lead to acidic blood, causing an imbalance in the physiological pH balance. It would be better to pair it with some vegetables and fruits.”

Wei Xun “.…” Who bought the breakfast, I will cut them to death when I get back!

Shang Ke got up and went to the kitchen and fiddled about for a while before bringing out a colourful fruit platter and two cups of hot cereal.

“This is perfect.” The hair on Shang Ke’s forehead curled up slightly and he had a self-satisfied face, completely unaware that he had entered the spoiling-his-husband mode again.

Wei Xun stared at him intently with a hint of laughter in his eyes.

The two of them “happily” enjoyed their respective breakfasts. Then, Wei Xun reservedly excused himself and left with an unusually brisk pace.

Shang Ke sent Wei Xun away like a virtuous husband and even hummed a song after closing the door. Then he realized, what was he feeling so proud of…

After that, Wei Xun comes uninvited every day and leaves after eating breakfast. He displayed the right amount of presence, trying his best not to cause pressure to Shang Ke. He intends to wait for the relationship to become a little more familiar before he proposes to let Shang Ke work by his side. Then, he will arrange the workplace to be a little farther away, which he will then be able to use as an excuse to find a new house, and logically live together.