ARC 10 Re : Sentinel & Guide

Chapter 240: Back To That Key Moment ⑧

TL: Resonance

Leo knew he was currently dreaming. His consciousness made its way down the corridor, turned around a corner, and saw a familiar figure. It was none other than his father, Yonis!

His father was standing straight in front of the emergency room, his eyes fixed on the door in front of him, as if he wanted to pierce a hole through it.

Leo walked over quickly and called out softly, “Father.”

Yonis was oblivious to it and just stared at the door of the emergency room without moving.

Leo reached out to him, but his own hand had actually gone straight through his father’s body.

“Father…” Leo looked at Yonis’s cold face and his heart sank. Eighteen years of which mostly were spent apart caused them the father and son to be distant from each other. Up until the point his father left the world, Leo had never spoken to him properly before.

The father in his dream seemed younger and more heroic than he remembered.

Leo looked around and found himself in the hospital, surrounded by a number of familiar people. The greatest master of the country, Mr. Monroe, the A-class Dark Sentinel Mitchell who was equally famous as his father, guide Lucian who had always taken good care of him, and several of his father’s close friends… There were tens of people, all of whom seemed to be anxiously waiting for something.

Leo’s heart jumped. He quickly looked back towards the closed door of the emergency room.

Could… could it be…

He walked through the door of the emergency room with a feeling of apprehension. In the emergency room, several doctors were busy in an anxious manner. Leo’s line of sight look passed their bodies and landed on the operating table. There lay a young man covered in blood, his face was pale, his eyes half-open, his eyelashes trembling slightly, his forehead covered with beads of sweat, and his consciousness was obviously in a confused state.

Although he had never met him before, Leo still accurately recognized the identity of this youth. It was his mother[1]—Shang Ke. If he wasn’t mistaken, this should be the place where his mother died back then.

He just couldn’t understand why he dreamed of this scene. Everything in front of him was too real, not at all like something he imagined himself.

“His heartbeat has stopped! Prepare for electric shock.” The doctor’s urgent voice interrupted Leo’s thoughts.

As he watched the doctors do their best to save him, Leo only felt a pang of sadness because the outcome was already predetermined. His mother, in the end, failed to pull through and died helplessly on the cold operating table, leaving his father with a lifetime of regret and grief.

“Heartbeat is back to normal, great, continue the operation.”

But a moment later, the instrument let out an alarm again, and mother’s heartbeat stopped again.

“Quick, electric shock!”

“Heartbeat restored.”

    ……

Leo clenched his fists and stared intently at the procedure, watching his mother struggling back from death again and again. His strong desire to live was moving. Despite already knowing the outcome, he wished his mother could be saved.