ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Chapter 211: Death Cycle (IX)

TL: Resonance

Shang Ke went up the watchtower closest to him and looked at the entire base from the top of the tower. This kind of watchtower used to be the city’s signal center, but it is practically unused now. Usually, only people who wish to see the scenery would come up and take a look.

Shang Ke concentrated his mental power and spread it outwards slowly with him as the center. As his searching range continues to expand, numerous flickering soul fires appear in his perception one after another. The ordinary people’s soul fire is white, most ability users’ soul fire is red, and level seven and above ability users are mostly green and purple.

Low and intermediate level zombies do not have soul fires. Red-eyed and above high level zombies would crystallise a crystalline in their body. The colour of the crystalline would be different depending on the zombie’s attribute. The crystallines shone a beautiful light like bright stars. It was very difficult to imagine that such ugly and brutal zombies could actually give birth to something so beautiful.

In Shang Ke’s perception world, there was no difference between humans and zombies. It was just full of life.

Shang Ke searched for a long time but was unable to find the golden soul fire belonging to Di Kui from beginning to end. Instead, he found a rare blue soul fire. The owner of that soul fire was currently chasing after a high level zombie that sneaked into the base.

Shang Ke didn’t know that when he opened up his perception, he also appeared in other people’s perception.

In the dark perception world, his soul fire was like the sun shining with dazzling light.

A figure walked into the watchtower and arrived at the top in an instant, appearing silently behind Shang Ke.

Shang Ke seems to have sensed it. Just when he was about to look back, he felt a strong wind swept by. He heard the little zombie who had been hiding in the darkness let out a scream and was forced to reveal itself. Then, Shang Ke was surprised to find that her shadow seems to be imprisoned by some kind of power. She couldn’t break free no matter how hard she struggled.

A general-level zombie was stopped with just one shot. The strength of the person coming was evident.

“Don’t run out alone at a time like this, it’s very dangerous.” A low voice sounded in his ear seemingly from afar yet nearby.

Shang Ke looked towards the source of the voice. When he saw the face of the person coming clearly, a hint of surprise flashed past his eyes. It turns out to be… Huo Xuan?

He appeared in front of him just like that with his upright posture, cold temperament and that familiar breath… But just like Di Kui, that presence wasn’t strong. The greatest difference between the two of them was: One was full of life energy, while the other was full of death energy. One was cold and sharp like a blade, while the other was violent and fierce like a volcano.

Shang Ke met the person he always wanted to meet, but he was still unable to make an accurate judgment. Between him and Di Kui, just who was his true lover?

Huo Xuan looked quietly at the man in front of him. The golden light in his perception merged with the person in front of him and turned into a golden flame, burning fiercely in his heart.

“What’s your name?” Huo Xuan asked.

“Shang Ke.”

Shang Ke… Huo Xuan repeated the name silently in his heart. Then, he walked past Shang Ke and headed towards the little zombie.