ARC 8 Re: Covenantor

Chapter 235: Back To That Key Moment ⑦

“…Presently, we’ve achieved critical results with our psychotherapeutic drug and hope to…”

A voice chattered endlessly into Lu Xiufan’s ears. He raised his head in confusion, his dilated pupils gradually focusing. Everything in front of him was both familiar and unfamiliar, the lab, the researcher, his brother Lu Xiuqi, the medicine, and…

Little Ze!

Lu Xiufan’s breathing stopped, his heart almost stopped beating as the Little Ze who had left him more than a decade ago, appeared in front of him alive again.

“Ah!”

At this moment, a scream rang out, and Lu Xiuqi, who was beside him, suddenly went berserk and jumped on a researcher, biting his ear to death. He then broke away from the others and picked up the metal chair and smashed it towards the location of the laptop.

Lu Xiufan’s pupils contracted abruptly. A scene he would never forget, and every time he thought back on it, he felt remorseful of. Why couldn’t he have been faster? Just a little faster, and he could have saved him!

As the chair flew past his eyes, Lu Xiufan jumped up and grabbed one of the legs of the metal chair. The inertia pulled him forward a few steps regardless. Despite his best efforts to stop it, the back of the metal chair still hit the back of Shang Ke’s head.

Shang Ke grunted and fell to the ground.

“Little Ze!” Lu Xiufan’s eyes were red as he threw down the chair and rushed to Shang Ke’s side. He carefully took him into his arms, and then used his trembling fingers to check his breathing…

He was alive, he was still alive.

Lu Xiufan raised his head and breathed a sigh of relief, a look of relief shown on his face.

The lab was in chaos, but Lu Xiufan could no longer care about his brother, who was still berserk. He picked up Shang Ke and walked quickly towards the medical room. Before he left, he ordered the bodyguards to deal with the event.

Although he didn’t know why he was back in time, he thanked the heavens for blessing him and giving him the opportunity to change history. As long as he could save Little Ze, no matter what it took, he would not hesitate to pay whatever price he had to pay!

【Brain Treatment in Progress… Estimate time is three months…】

【Dear Host, my greatest apologies. Because the System needs to follow the laws of the world, the exact time and place of each second chance cannot be pinpointed so hurt will likely be harmed. Please forgive me.】

Shang Ke : …When did you become so polite?

【The System has as many good points as the fur of an ox, Dear Host just hasn’t found them all.】

Shang Ke : Can you use the idiom properly first before talking about your good points?

【Dear Host, you currently have brain-damage, so it is normal for your comprehension skills to be reduced.】

Shang Ke : I’m taking back any compliments I made about you.

【This is the end of our chat. Dear Host, if you would gracefully enter sleep-mode and wake up in three months.】

Although he always knew that the System was unreliable, Shang Ke still didn’t expect it to be so outrageous this time.

He didn’t know which calendar the System was using when it said three months, but by the time he woke up, it was already three years later!