ARC 14 : LET'S RUN, FOX

Chapter 200: Let’s Run, Fox (XVI)

As Shang Ke walked to them, the two kits shrinked together. Blotches of dirt littered their faces while fear yet expectation shone in their large eyes. Their clothes looked rather shabby as well, like they haven’t been washed in a long time.

And they were each holding… a block of raw meat?

Shang Ke squatted down and took their hands for a closer look. He wasn’t mistaken, it was raw meat. They even have a bite mark.

Kellona actually had her children eat raw meat? Although beastmen still had some of their wild nature, they have already broken away from eating meat raw and rarely eat raw meat. A lot of parasites exist in raw meats so for children whose constitution was naturally weaker than adults, it was not healthy at all.

Shang Ke’s face sank and took the raw meat from the kits and threw them away. Then he led them to the kitchen stove. The kitchen stove looked deserted, it showed no sign of ever being used. The food provided the past two days were naturally gone without a trace.

“All you guys eat is this?” A young beastman asked the kits. “Where’s your mom? Does she not make food for you two?”

The two kits snuck a glance at Shang Ke and did not dare to speak out of fear.

Shang Ke scooped up some water and wiped their faces and hands. Then he took out some deserts he had made and divided it up.

The kits held the still steaming deserts and carefully took a bite as the strong scent of the desert lingered in the air. Their eyes immediately shone as they chowed down at a faster rate. As they ate, they watched the young beastmens next to them chatter loudly. A big smile gradually formed on their faces.

Mutu leaned against the doorway as he carefully watched the scene within the house while his ears were alert for any movement outside.

Shang Ke played with the children and left when they tired out the kits. By the time they left it was already very late, but Kellona was still gone without a trace.

After the two of them sent the rest of the children home, Mutu spoke. “Kellona should be at Apei’s home.”

Apei was a lion beastman. He was tall and broad and looked rather heroic. But he was too much of a playboy, most of the young females within the tribe had a leg up with him. Back in the days of the former Lion King, he did not dare to openly hook up with girls. But now he had no such misgivings and his playboy nature thoroughly blossomed.

It was clear as day what Kellona and him were up to at this time of the day.

Mutu and Shang Ke had made their way by Apei’s home right in time to hear a coquettish moan along with a man’s shout.

Their activity was very loud and sounded exceptionally clear in the quiet night.

Shang Ke had long gotten used to the beastmen’s openness, but Kellona’s situation was different. If she was doing it for her children, no one would criticize her for it. But she was focused on only making herself happy and did not take care of her children at all.

While the kits were eating raw meat in a cold house and fearfully clinging to each other, she was playing around with a man. As a mother, her actions were really too shameless.

Shang Ke had his suspicions. Were those kits really her children?

While he sank into his angry thoughts, a large hand landed on his head followed by Mutu’s voice, “Don’t think about it anymore. We’ll just take more care of those two in the future.”