~{Come back here!}~ Frank x reader

(Frank is an oc from my friend A-lost-dream. Crack/fluff because Frank is a grumpy lil man. Art belongs to them as well.)

"You have got to be joking!"

You leaned against the wall. Never would you have thought you had to babysit an adult man. yet here you were. When you first met Frank you assumed he was a child. Boy were you wrong. Frank was quite a bit shorter than you.  You sighed. "He must be around here somewhere," you muttered to yourself. You had lost him yet again, William would not like that. "Frank, where are you!?" You called out.

You walked around, trying to find the small man. The trail eventually led you to the kitchen. Frank was there, staring at you as a deer in headlights. "There you are!" You quickly grabbed onto him. The statue looked up at you, holding some food in his arms. "If you wanted to eat you could have told me," you said. "You're not my mom," He retorted. Frank didn't look happy. "You are far younger than me," he continued. "Yet who is the more responsible one here?" You asked. He seemed offended by your words and huffed. "What do you want?"

You shook your head. "You know i have to stick with you, they let me live under that one circumstances," you said. "I know i know," Frank sat on one of the chairs, sulking as he stared at the food.  You looked at it, sweets. "Frank-" "Don't mention it.." he mumbled. You gently stroked his hair. "Why have you been avoiding me lately?" Frank rested his head in his hands. "I don't want to talk about it," he said. "Alright, that is fine i guess." You sat down next to him. He looked bothered about something. There was a moment of awkward silence.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

Frank glanced over at you. "Would you date someone shorter than you?" He asked. You were taken aback by that question. "Frank... why are you asking that? Of course i would!" Was your reply. He nodded slightly. "Alright then, i was just wondering," he said. You blinked, trying to figure out what was going on with the short man. Was he You in love with you? Is that why he was so curious. You decided not to press him on it, he seemed vulnerable enough.

~Timeskip~

It had been a few days since your conversation with Frank. He became a little less grumpy after that. Though coversations got a little awkward. "Frank? Damnit he ran off again." You stepped out of your shared room. You didn't have to look very far as he sat in the living room. "There you are.." you sat down next to the short male. "Come on Frank! Now you have to tell me what is wrong, you're not yourself." Frank tensed up, then caved in. "I have been meaning to tell you something, please don't laugh at me." He nervously looked around.

"You have my word, now please.." Franked sighed before he began speaking. "It has taken me a while to finally say it.. but i love you," he admitted, reluctant to meet your gaze. You gently pulled him into a hug. "I love you too, buddy." He seemed to perk up at your words. He hugged you back, silent. "Why did you not tell me earlier?" You asked. "I am short, and just my past in general..." he spoke that last part quietly. You patted his back. "I think some cake wouldn't hurt you right about now, hm?"

"Yes.."