A golden new year (short gw drabble)

"Oh my sweet mother of the lord what is that, y/n?"

You showed Frederick the pile of firework with a big smile. "Something that was invented in my lifetime." Karl and Cornelius shot each other a concerned look as Frederick awkwardly smiled. Basil seemed most brave and interested, picking it up. "And pray tell.. how does it function?" You noted of the odd smile on his face. "Here, let me show you."

"Be careful y/n, please." Augustin's voice sounded. And you felt a little bad for worrying the poor statue. "As long as the manor doesn't catch ablaze, i am not that concerned," Edrick replied. You rolled your eyes at that comment. You sat down the firework after gently taking it from Basil's hands. As soon as you lit the match, Augustin and Frederick pulled you away, Frederick pulling you flush against his chest as the arrow went off with a loud pang, coloring the solemn skies with it's light.

"Oh my..." Karl mumbled. Basil seemed even more interested. "May i?" You set down the next arrows, Basil gracefully taking the match and lighting it, he lit the rope and backed away, his arms on your shoulder. "Brilliant, how did you acquire such items?" You shrugged with a grin. The statues seemed a lot less intimidating. They looked at you as you gave them a smile.

"Come on, don't be so afraid. It won't hurt you." Karl had his eyes narrowed greatly, attempting to avoid the bright light emitting from the darts. "Right.. right.. this is.. highly unusual." Basil seemed fascinated, you had never seem him this happy and excited. Frederick looked terrified. Cornelius, largely unimpressed. "Y/n my dearest.. are you sure? I wish for you to remain safe." Cornelius scoffed. "If you have come this far only to perish by your own devices, i will be disappointed." He stated. "Love you too, Cornelius." Your sarcastic huff sounded. You watched his face visibly heat up. Augustin narrowed his eyes at his fellow watcher. "Well then, very strange indeed." Frederick defused the situation. You placed down more firework, causing the leader to look even more concerned. "Be very careful, y/n," Agustin pleaded as you paid no heed. You set off the fireworks all at once, quickly ducking behind Basil.

The loud crashes and sparks lit up the shining faces of the statues. They all seemed amazed, if a little fearful. The moment was spoiled by a voice.

"I heard commotion what is.. oh my word..."

You turned to see a yet unfamiliar statue stare you down. This one was made of what seemed like gold as well, but you didn't recognize that face or voice. He was dressed in blue, wore a mask and had puffed sleeves. "Who are you?" You asked. His shocked expression into a smirk, mimicking the same prideful tone as the other statues..

"I could ask you the same."

(This was crack.)