Teddy bears. Bernard x Male!reader

(A/n: this oneshot is more or less a short oneshot to kinda show what Bernard is like as a boyfriend)

After six hours of begging Bernard was finnally allowed to take care of you. William was unaware about the fact you and Bernard were in a relationship, and allowed Bernard to take over from Cameron. You followed him inside the kitchen, and sat down at the table. You together with Bernard had cooking duty for this evening. ''Are you sure you don't want me to help?'' You asked him. He smiled at you and shook his head. ''That won't be necessary (y/n)'' You pouted. ''Come on man, i just want to help out!'' Looking back, Bernard always did everything for you. He claimed he just wanted to be a good boyfriend, but he kept babying you. ''Come on Bernard, let me help. I am a grown man, not a little boy.'' You tried again.

Bernard sighed. ''Alright then, come on.'' You jumped up and stood next to him. He was quickly cutting the vegetables in perfect squares. Your surprised expression earned a chuckle from him. "I always did the cooking back in the day." You noticed the somewhat sad expression on his face. You placed your hand on his. He stopped what he was doing and placed a kiss on your forehead. "Don't worry about me, this was all my choice." You weakly nodded. You grabbed an other knife and began to cut some vegetables as well. After a moment of silence you heard Bernard speak.

"(Y/n), what do you call a belt with a clock on it?"
"Please don't."
"A WAIST of time."

He chuckled at his own joke while you just facepalmed. "Ow!" You were not paying attention and accidentally cut your finger. The cut wasn't deep, but it looked worse than it actually was. Bernard noticed this and immediatly started panicking. "Hey, it's alright." You tried to calm him down. He picked you up bridal style and put you down on one of the chairs. "Stay here." He hastily said before running out of the room. You wanted to wash the blood away, but decided against it. After all, you didn't want to scare that goofball even more by moving. After a while Bernard returned with a first aid kit. You were slightly amused at the whole situation. He bandaged your finger and refused to let you cook any further, to avoid more injuries as he said it.

You were drawing on a piece of paper you got from Collin. Emory was sitting next to you. "Hey, (y/n). Is your finger doing alright?" He asked you. You smiled. "Yes, i am not sure why you guys are making such a big deal about it." Emory began to apologize, but you told him it was alright.

Damian walked in, followed by Rowan and Marshall. Marshall sat down between Rowan and Damian. Rowan began telling Marshall the things Henry taught him, Marshall smiling. Although his behavior was somewhat odd when it came to Henry and Rowan. It made you wonder if they had connections. Cameron walked in, carrying William over his shoulder. The other statues soon followed.

During dinner you and the statues talked about alot. They were mostly interested in what the human world was like. Rowan got really excited when you started talking about bicycle's for some reason.

After dinner you two left, considering Emory and Vincent had cleaning duty. You were surprised at how well William divided the tasks despite being constantly tired. You sat outside on of the grass fields, Bernard sitting down next to you. You leaned your head against his arm, since you were too small to be able to reach his shoulder. He took off his coat and put it around you. "I don't want the risk of you getting a cold." You yawned slightly. "You know Bernard, you barely take time for yourself. Why is that?" He sighed. "Well, i just put people above me. My family taught me to be a pleasant person, that there were so many people with bad intentions. They taught me to be different." You both looked up at the stars and talked for a while.

After a while your eyelids started to grow heavy. Bernard wrapped  you up in his coat and  carried you inside. Before he even made it to your room. You had already fallen asleep. He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on your lips, making sure not to awake you. "Good night (y/n)."