~seven minutes in heaven~ Bernard x reader

An old teddy bear.

Bernard stood up, showing you one of his sweet smiles. "If you do not mind.." he trailed off as he looked you in the eyes. Rowan didn't wait for your reply as he dragged you into the closet. Bernard nervously chuckled as he followed. The small space was barely enough for you and the tall statue. "Seven minutes you two!" Rowan cheered as he shut the door. You looked up to Bernard. He looked calm and somewhat content. "I can see you are nervous, is everything alright?" The statue questioned as he carefully placed his hand on your head.

"I'm fine." You lied to  him. Bernard didn't really seem to buy it, but he dropped the issue. You were not alright. Of all the people you could have been paired up with, it was the person you fell in love with. Bernard was the person who originally saved you, along with Frederick. No matter what you did, he refused to give up on you. William finally gave in and let you stay for Bernards sake. Some of the other statues liked you alot, some wished you were dead. But overtime everything slowly got better. You blankly stared ahead, lost in thought.

"(y/n)!" Bernard gently shook you. "Ehh what?" Bernard sighed. "Oh i apologize, you weren't really.. reacting. I got a little concerned." He looked down. You quickly hugged him and placed your head against his chest. He hummed slightly, stroking your hair. You yawned, looking up at him. "Have you been scared lately?" He suddenly question. "No, why?" You shot him another confused look. "Pardon me but, you've been quite distant lately." He averted his eyes, looking at the ceiling. You could tell he was reluctant to meet your gaze. "Have i been?" He simply nodded.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" He took your small hands into his big ones. "I just want to help you, please." You looked down. "Can i ask you something?" You asked. "But of course!" Bernard replied. "Do you love anyone?" Bernard smiled. "I love everyone here! They're like family-" You shook your head. "I meant romantically." "Oh, yes i do." You looked away. Before you knew what was happening, he lifted you up in his arms. "It's you." He then lightly placed a kiss on your cheeck. "How did you know-" Bernard chuckled. "You know how much Maxwell loves to ruin things for others, correct?" You nodded. "Well, he tried to humiliate you by telling me, little did he know i felt the same way about you."

You honestly wanted to kill Max, but on the other hand, he did help you out. "Times up!" Rowan shouted a bit too hard. Bernard pushed the closet door open with his shoulder, still cradling you in his arm. Everyone was seemingly happy for you.

But you did stop a somewhat disappointed Maxwell.

(sorry, this chapter was greatly delayed cuz i had some unfortunate incidents irl so i apologize if it was rushed.)