~Seven minutes in heaven~ Maurits x reader

(sorry for being really dead)

A piece of fabric.

Maurits looked at you, then to Rowan and then back at Richard, as if he was unsure of his next actions. Richard gestured for him to just go already, slightly annoyed. Maurits looked  a bit disgusted, but quickly obliged. You stepped into the closet, followed by him. You sat down on the floor. Maurits on the other hand, refused to sit down, leaning against the wall. He looked like he really didn't want to be there. You were sitting close to his feet, hugging your knees. You glanced over to him, shocked to catch him staring at you. You awkwardly looked back, causing Maurits to get flustered and avert his eyes, mumbling something in Dutch. The atmosphere was awkward. How were  you supposed to last seven minutes with this grumpy statue. Ever since you arrived at the manor, you didn't really speak with him.

After all, he just blindly followed Richard everywhere. Always waiting for is approval, not thinking for himself. It's like he couldn't form his own personality. "I know i am the most attractive one here, but stop staring at me." Maurits huffed.  You snapped out of your thoughts, looking away quickly. The statue in green sighed. "Get up, your clothes are getting filthy." He mumbled. You did as he asked, avoiding his gaze. Even though he was commanding you around, he didn't really know what he was doing. You looked up at him, slightly concerned at his odd behavior. Maurits looked up, pretending not to notice. After a moment of silence Maurits suddenly grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you against him.  You let out a squeek of surprise. "Maurits?" "Silence, peasant." You could tell he was panicking. You buried his face in his chest. He smelled like cinnamon and his clothes were soft.

To your surprise, he didn't push you away. Instead he placed his head on yours, sighed, then spoke up. "Not like you would refuse. In fact, i know you'll feel honored. But you are the most beautitul woman i have ever seen. I want you to be mine." After his semi-awkward confession the space went silent. "I feel the same!" You cheered. Maurits looked down, staring into your eyes. Before he could say another word, you pressed your lips against his. The kiss was sweet at first. But after a few seconds it turned more heated. Your fingers got lost in his hair as he placed his hands on your hips. "One more minute!" You heard Rowan call out. You let go of Maurits, smiling gently. The statue looked slightly disappointed when you did so. You two held each other clothes, him slightly nervous. Aftr a while the closet doors burst open, catching you both by surprise. "Aww." Rowan placed his hands on his cheecks as he walked up to you. Maurits didn't say anything. Instead, he took your hand and walked out. Maximillian smirked and stood up. Maurits' expression quickly changed to an annoyed one.

"Oh please no"

"And on this day Maurits and (y/n)- ow!"

You and the rest watched on as Maximillian ran from an angry Maurits.