~{Exception}~ Emory x reader

(i never gave this boi any attention)

"I beg of you!"

You watched Henry grab Vincent by the shoulders. "Fine! Just let me go," the leader hissed, stepping back. Henry cried in joy as he held you close to him. "I swear to you, that you will not regret this decision," he spoke. "We'll see about that, but you cannot keep her." Vincent motioned for the jade statue to back off a little. Henry was in a state of shock. No matter how much Henry pleaded for Vincent not to do it, since others could easily kill you, he wasn't impressed.

"She will be sticking with Emory," Vincent sternly spoke, shooting Henry a glare. "Now go find him for me." Vincent held you by the collar as Henry reluctantly went to find the statue. It did not take long for him to return with a ruby statue with curly, fluffy hair and a black and gold uniform. It seemed like he didn't want to be there. Vincent said nothing but lightly pushed you towards Emory. "Are you certain i am fit to take care of a mortal?" Emory questioned, tense. Vincent gave him a look and Emory shut up.

Emory kept his head low, motioning for you to follow him. You did as he wanted, holding back tears. He opened a door to a bedroom. You followed closely behind him. The room had some symbols of the christian religion. You started tearing up. Were you really stuck here? Could you never leave this hell? Emory noticed your crying, and panicked slightly. "Please don't.." he begged. He looked like he had no idea how to comfort you. "Stop it!" He loudly said, scaring you. "Nono, wait i'm sorry," he quickly spoke. Your confusion made you even more upset.

His arms shook slightly, as he debated on wether to hug you or not. "Please, i promise you will have it very good here." You looked up at him. "No more worries... and perhaps i can find Bernard so you'll have a friend?" He continued. Even though he didn't know what to do, his words seem to have positive effect on you. You blankly stared at him, trying to process all the words thrown at you. Right now you just wanted someone to hold you. Without even realizing it yourself, you slowly began reaching out to him. The man tensed, taking a step back.

Though the look in your eyes had him thinking. He slowly stepped towards you. Maybe you weren't bad. The statue allowed you to hug him, cryi against his chest as he sat down next to  you. You had to give up your chances to freedom. Eventually when you calmed down a little, Emory scooped you up in his arms, letting you lay on his lap as his arms supported you. Both of you didn't know what to say, but you both knew you hadn't felt safe by someone for a while now.

Maybe he wasn't so bad.