~Let us be your friend~ Damien x male!reader

(Sorry for the lack of updates in dark deception content, my interest has shifted slightly to my own writing, Damian got a name change btw,)

You saw him sometimes, though you never really got a look at him. The silent violinist. He was always at the edge of the room and vanished just as quickly as he was seen. He was the type of man to lock himself in his room for long periods of time. You couldn't deny he was attractive, though. You had taken a personal interest in him. Getting a hold of him was almost impossible. If you wanted to speak with him, you would need a plan. And you knew one person that could help you in this endeavor, Maximilian. You were currently standing in front of his room, knuckles hovering close to the door, ready to knock. Before you even got the chance, the door swung open. You were hit in the face by the wooden door and you picked up a gasp as you tumbled to the floor.

"Y/n my good sir!" Maximilian breathed, pulling you up to your feet. You listened to him frantically apologize as you let out a soft groan. "No it's fine Max, i shouldn't have been lurking at your door in the first place." The statue raised a brow. "Oh no but i insist, i should have watched where i was going! After we would all love to behold your face for a while longer." You ignored his long display and got the point. "I need your help with something." The smirk on his face only grew wider. "Oh, help? From little ol' me?" You nodded. "What do you desire to accomplish with the assistance of Britain's most beloved actor!" Taking a deep breath, you laid out your desires. "I have taken a romantic interest in Damien." The dramatic statue stopped dead in his tracks, His red eye staring into yours. "Damien? Oh my, how unexpected~." You felt your face heat up at his statement. "How do you think i can approach it best?" Maximilian thought. "You are aware Damien is a rather, introverted individual, correct?" You nodded. "Ah! I would expect nothing less from our y/n! In love with the most mysterious man among us-" You cut him off before he could continue his rant. "Yes.. and i would really appreciate it if you could help me out here." He huffed but his smile quickly returned. "Oh yes, indeed i can, i have a long history of bothering that old man!" He grabbed both of your hands. "The best weapon...

is jealousy."

You stared in his eyes, almost hoping he would burst out laughing and tell you he was joking. Did he really expect you to make Damien jealous of all people? You doubted Damien would even care if you sat on someone else's lap. Was he even into men? You understood the taboo around same sex marriage, especially around those times. The actor must have seen the look on your face as he let out a deep sigh. "Come on dearie, you're not going to get anywhere staring at me like that. I'm not joking, dear." You frowned at him. "Are you sure this is the best approach? I mean this is Damien we're talking about." Maximilian let go of your hands as he crossed his arms. "Yes, are you not trusting my judgement?" You deadpanned at him. "Oh, so now suddenly you don't want my help anymore? I see how it is." As much as his dramatic and erratic  displays tired you out, you still needed his help. "No, no. I'm sorry! Please help me." A smirk played across his lips. "Good, follow me." He promptly seized your wrists and dragged you along with him. You wanted to question him on where you were heading, but decided it was best to keep quiet for now.

The both of you entered one of the many common areas in the manor. Your eyes immediately fell on the long haired statue that was sitting on one of the couched. You admired his sharp features and deep orange glowing eyes. He sat slightly slouched over, his eye-lights fixated onto the ground. Maximilian firmly planted his hand against your back, snapping you out of your thoughts. You opened your mouth to say something but he simply dragged you along, bursting into a fit of laughter. "Ah dear, you are quite funny. Had you ever considered stand up comedy whilst alive?" Quickly catching onto his plan, you answered. "Eh... not really, i don't like being the center of attention, or the subject of people's scrutiny." Maximilian scoffed. "That's just the thrill!~" Out of the corner of your eye you saw the yellowish figure shift, a pair of orange eyes now fixated upon you, and the hand Maximillian had now snaked around your waist. You and the curly haired statue continued your little charade until you felt a pair of hands tightly gripping your waist, removing Maximilian's arm.

"Oh i'm sorry Damien dearie,~ May we help you?"

There was a moment of silence, the taller statue boring his eyes into the smaller one. Maximilian crossed his arms. "Oh i see how it is with you." He then turned to you with another smile. "Goodbye Hun~!" he winked before leaving the room. You awkwardly turned to Damien, who stared at you through his glasses. Without saying a word he sat on the couch, pulling you on his lap. He watched your cheeks go pink, and leaned down the gently kiss you on the forehead. You reached out to carefully stroke his long soft, silky hair.

Seems like Maximilian was right after all.