Fashion. Maurits x reader

( Art by verylazychild )

You hissed in pain, falling to the floor. The pendulum had swung down and slashed your back. You wanted to get up only for a pair of arms to push you back down. You looked up to see a statue dresses in green kneeling down in front of you. ''Aw, poor thing. Don't worry i'll put you right out of you misery.'' He smiled and raised his axe, you gave him a pleading look before passing out from blood loss.

''Are you sure about this Maurits''

''Yes i am Richard, just please give me cover.''

''She's a peasant!''

''I offer you new clothes in return for your help.''

''Very well, i shall create a cover up.''

You had no idea what was going on. Your head hurt and your eyelids felt heavy. You felt a something being placed on your forehead. You forced your eyes open to see the statue from earlier standing over you with his hand on your forehead. ''Ah, i see you're awake.'' You gave them both a confused look. ''Richard, please get Bernard for me.'' ''I am uncertain why you are so hung up on a peasant, but fair enough.'' Richard walked out and you coughed slightly. ''So then, what might be your name?'' ''(Y/N).'' You looked down only to see you were wearing different clothes and you wound was bandaged. ''H-hey! What the hell?''

He sighed. ''Are you not happy with the clothes i worked on for you? How ungratefull.'' You shook your head. ''You took of my clothes you-'' ''Correction, Bernard changed your clothes since they were torn and bloody. Not before i made you new ones obviously.'' You narrowed your eyes. ''I'm assuming he's the one who patched me up as well?'' He nodded. ''And who are you? Why are you helping me?'' You asked him. ''The name is Maurits.'' Someone knocked at the door. Maurits went to open it but the door swung open right in his face. In the door frame was a tall statue dressed in brown. ''Maurits where is the- Oh dear please forgive me.'' Maurits rubbed his nose and glared at him.

''Just check on her and leave at once Bernard.'' Bernard nodded and quickly walked over to you. "Does it hurt still?" He asked. Kneeling down by the bed. You nodded and sighed. "Why are you helping me?" Maurits looked away and scoffed. "I didn't intend on keeping you, i am merely being forced to help you." You knew his story didn't add up, but you didn't feel like questioning him further in fear he might change his mind and kill you. Bernard smiled and placed some sweets in your hand. "Please recover quickly." He was quickly ushered out of the room by a jealous Maurits.

Maurits sighed and tucked you into bed. "Rest, you're tired." You yawned and shut your eyes.

☆Maurits' POV☆

I looked at (Y/N), making sure she was asleep. I sighed and walked out to find Maximillian. "Max! Where are you?" "Such a lovely evening, don't you agree?" I turned around to see Max behind me wearing his comedy mask. "We need to talk."

"Oh my, you're in love!" He cheered as he threw his hands in the air. "N-no, that can't be!" "You have finnally become a man!" I sighed, shaking my head. "I can't be in love with a peasant, that's not like me." I grabbed my head and started to panic. Max sighed, placed a hand on my shoulde and smiled. "The peasant can't leave anyway, what's there to lose?" I sighed, trying to calm down. ''I don't know about this..'' Max put his arm around me.

''I shall help you!''

''Nononono i-''

''I shall create this lovely couple!''

''I don't want you to-''

''Love shall prevail between these two!''

''Maximillian!''