~Hard as stone~ Yandere!Marshall x reader

(art by: MrNIGHTMARE223)

You were laying across Bernard's lap, sighing.  You two had decided to stargaze before dinner was ready. You looked at your best friend. "Were there any newcomers in the recent years?" You asked him. Bernard nodded. "Vincent is the youngest among us, he came here last." You  looked at the entrance of the maze, then froze. "But, what is the stone statue doing here?" You asked.  Bernard gave you a puzzled look. "Stone statue?" You got up and ran to the garden, Bernard following closely behind. You made it to the front of the garden. There, as you expected was a torn stone statue. Saluting with a broken face. Bernard covered his mouth with his hand, his eyes widenening. "Oh my..." He quickly approached the statue. "hello good sir! Can you hear me?" He asked in his usual pleasant demeanor. The statue suddenly reacted, stumbling backwards and falling onto his back. Bernard quickly approached the stone statue and lifted him up in his arms. "May i know your name good sir?" He asked, trying to comforting the now sobbing statue. "M-marshall.." The stone statue replied, covering his face. "It is truly a pleasure to meet you Marshall. Come now, let's get you inside."

-timeskip-

Marshall came back into the room, wearing new clothes. He looked alot better, but still really nervous. You looked at Bernard, who was nodding in approval while Frederick clung to his arm. Frederick was looking Marshall up and down, shaking. "Do not fear Frederick, Marshall is an absolutely darling." Marshall was somewhat afraid, not having anyone to hold onto. You decided to put that task on your shoulders. You walked up to him and grabbed his hand. He looked down at your hand, then at you. You gave him a comforting smile while gently squeezed his hand.  He shyly smiled, averting his eyes. "I see you already found a friend in (y/n) Marshall, i am so proud of you." Bernard cheered. He tried to clap his hand which failed as Frederick still was gripping his arm. You decided to take Marshall on a tour around the manor. Some people gave him curious looks, others looked disgusted. Marshall seemed to take comfort in being close to you. You eventually felt him wrap his arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him. You felt your face geting a little red as the statue seemed completely oblivious to the situation.

You two eventually came across William, who immediatly went to check on Marshall. "I apologize i have never seen you before." William cupped Marshall his face. "He can share a bedroom with me." You offered, causing Marshall's face to go red. William nodded slightly. "If you say you can handle it, i shall believe you. He seems to like you most after all." Marshall smiled, pulling you closer to him. You awkwardly nodded. You assumed Marshall had no idea the act, and thought this was the best idea. You guided him to your room. He immediatly sat on the bed. He was looking around the room in awe. You decided to take a seat next to the statue. He wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you onto his lap. "M-marshall? What are you doing?" You asked, not knowing what to do. He didn't reply, he just played with your hair. You awkwardly sat there, unsure of what to do next. He was probably out there for years, so maybe he was horribly touchstarved. He was humming slghtly, holding you close to him. Whenever you tried to leave he would hold you tighter. "Marshall, i am not going away." You tried to comfort.

He seemed to struggle lightly. But he did place you on the bed next to him. He kicked off his shoes and grabbed you, pulling you close to him. You knew for sure now that he had some abandonment issues. You patted his cheeck gently as he shut his eyes. When sleep finnally got to him his grip got alot more loose.  You managed to get yourself out and stuffed a pillow between his arms to hug. You went outside towards to the other statues. "How is Marshall doing?" Bernard asked as soon as you walked into the kitchen. "He is extremely clingy, refused to let me go. I assume he has some issues or is just really touch starved." Your responded, sitting down at the dinner table. "I could take care of him instead." Bernard suggested. You shook your head. "He's not  burden. He is really sweet and shy." You assured him. Bernard nodded. Maximillian sat down next to you. "Soooo there is another cast member among us?" He asked, excitement in his voice. He rested his face in his hands as he looked at you. "Yes, Marshall." Maximillian smiled. "I do think that is wonderfull!"

"Is h-he not g-going to j-j-join us for d-d-dinner?" Frederick asked. You shook your head. "He is fast asleep, i think we should let him rest, i suppose." Frederick looked down at the floor. The others made their way in the kitchen. Maximillian was constantly talking to you the whole dinner. You two just talked about your interests and everything like that. "I feel like i did abandon Marshall." You looked down. "He needs some rest, throwing him in this situation with all these people would be scary for him, though you could have warned him." Collin muttered, he then hit Cameron on the head for eating like a pig. You nodded and stood up. "Is there something amiss?" William asked. You shook your head. "I just worry about him.. i'll check on him." You quickly ran out of the room. You made your way to your bedroom, opening the door you found Marshall missing. You started freaking out untill you saw a mixture of grey and  red. You ran up to him. He was curled up, knees to his chest and covering his head with his arms. You sat down and hugged him. "I am so sorry Marshall, i truly am."

You kept apologizing, hoping to calm him down. He hugged you tightly and sobbed. "Marshall.." He looked at you as you cupped his face. "Why.... did you.. leave.." He whined. "Sorry, i should have known better." You spend some time comforting the stone statue untill he eventually calmed down. You gently took his hands in yours. "Do you want to come with me?" You offered. He nodded slightly and stood up. He tightly held your hand and walked towards the kitchen. "We are back!" You announced. Marshall awkwardly stood there, being afraid. You sat back down next to Maximillian. Marshall sat down on the other side. He was silent and barely ate. You talked alot with Maximillian again, but also tried to split your attention between Maximillian and Marshall. "Marshall, there is no need to be afraid. The others are nice." You explained. He ate some more, but still somehwhat nervous. William saw Marshall's struggle and  decided to talk to him, trying to make him feel more comfortable. "So Marshall, have you got any hobbies?" William asked. "I... uhh really like... gardening.." Marshall slowly replied. William smiled. "Truly? I quite enjoy gardening as well." Marshall seemed to perk up at that.

Seeing the situation was well, you focused a little more on Maximillian. After dinner was done Maximillian stayed to do the dishes. You lost track of Marshall, causing you to panic. "Do not worry, he decided to stay around for a bit." Perceval tried to assure you. You calmed down slightly and nodded. You sat down in the living room and took care of Rowan who was lazy like always. The silence was interrupted by a loud scream. You shot up, together with William. You two ran back to the kitchen where you two saw Maximillian, his chest completely crushed. You covered your mouth while William sprinted towards him. Next to Maximillian was a huge axe. "What do you think happened?" You asked to Willam. "This is Andrew's axe... but Andrew was out of the kitchen, so was everyone else. Thereby i assume an accident." William muttered. "It seems i will have to beg Malak.." He tried to sound cold, but his voice was shaking. You lifted Maximillian's head on your lap.  William saw the tears on your face. "No need to worry, everything is going to be alright. I suggest moving away from the situation (y/n)." William suggested. You nodded. "I suppose you are right." You mumbled. You stood up andwalked towards your room. Immediatly as you stepped in the room a towel covered your mouth. "Shh.." You heard as you blacked out.

~Timeskip~

You opened your eyes as you saw Marshall stand over you, a smile on his face. "M-marshall?" You asked. You tried to move, only to realize you were tied to the chair. You started to freak out. He gently grabbed your chin and moved in to give you a kiss. You gasped lightly as his lips connected with yours. He wrapped his arms around your neck. He broke the kiss, leaning his head against yours. "Marshall, what on earth are you doing?" "I.... you can not leave me.. i need you..." He spoke. "I... had to.. get rid of the masked statue.. too." His voice was different. It sounded more deranged. "Why.." Was all you could bring out. "He took you away from me." Tears started streaming down his face as he gripped your shoulders tightly. He sobbed against your neck. He was so afraid of being abandoned, he took you for himself. You felt him untie you. Before you could run he lifted you up in his arms and laid you in the bed next to him. He wrapped his arms against your waist and pulled you against him. He put your arms around himself. He snuggled with you for a while. "I am so glad you are here for me when nobody... else is." You got more and more horrified at his insane ramblings about how glad he was you loved him, and how much he loved you.

"You'll never leave me... not now.... not... never..."