~Listen~ Frederick x fem!reader

You looked at the statue as he extended his hand towards you.

"Please my lady, just for this once." His tone was sweet and calm. "Why not put aside our differences for this once. You have nowhere else to flee, either way you shall meet your end. Why not indulge me before it's over?" Your eyes drifted to the broken tablet besides you. As fearful as you were, you had no other option. You reached out, your hand grabbing onto his. A small smile graced his lips as he pulled you from the floor. "There, easy. Take a few deep breaths." You wondered how he could say that so casually, when he was going to end your life either way. Part of you wondered if it was sick torment. "What do you want from me?" Your shaky voice sounded. His smile faltered, a frown replacing it. He seemed genuinely upset at your fear. "To have a conversation, it has been so long."

"Ah, i have not introduced myself, have i?" the statue took a bow, kissing your hand. "The name is Frederick Elmsworth, dear miss." You resisted the urge to pull away. "Nice to meet you, i'm y/n." He straightened his back. "Please do come with me," He spoke as he offered you his arm. Quietly, you linked yours with his as he lowered his axe, keeping it loosely by his side. "May i know a little more about you?" He asked as the two of you walked. It was hard getting used to his sudden friendly demeanor. As if he wasn't cackling maniacally whilst chasing you down just moments before. "Like what?"

"What is the realm of the living like now. Judging by your garb, it must have changed since i have died." You couldn't help but chuckle. "Where do i start?"

"Wherever you prefer."

You thought for a bit. "Well, we no longer get around with horse and carriage anymore." He seemed somewhat surprised. "Oh?" You nonchalantly shrugged. "We use cars now." Frederick didn't seem to understand. "Uh, large machines." He seemingly tried to picture the machines in his mind, struggling to do so. "They slightly resemble carriages, but of metal and engines and stuff."

"Truly.. fascinating.."

The two of you ended up in what seemed like a living room. The furniture was blue and gold. Curiously, none of the other statues appeared to be present. "Have a seat," Frederick offered. Knowing there was no point in saying no, you sat down on one of the barock couches. It felt soft and relaxing. "Could i interest you in some tea?" You awkwardly nodded. The lead statue walked into another room, leaving you on your own. You thought about running now that he was distracted. It was quite foolish to leave someone you have to kill on their own, without supervision. But the adrenaline had died down, making your limbs feel heavy. You could barely stand up, no mater how much you tried to force yourself.

Frederick walked back in, frowning at your current state. "Oh my, i forgot your folk need rest." He set down the tray, walking over to you. You curled back into yourself. "Do not be afraid. I will not harm you." The gold statue knelt down by your side. "I have though about it, you appear friendly enough. I offer to make a deal." He took your hand into his bigger ones. "If you agree to give up your loyalty to Bierce, we shall keep you safe in return. If not... well..." He frowned. "I am afraid there is no other way to aid you." You meekly nodded in agreement. A smile graced his features, replacing his former solemn expression. "Well.. in that case,"

"Let me welcome you."