Kid. Henry x short!reader (2)

''oh my! Are you hurt?'' a voice sounded. You looked up to see a statue dressed in brown in the doorway.''Miss (Y/N)? Are you alright?'' You started to back into a corner. ''How... How do you know my name?'' The statue tilted his head. ''You're scaring her Bernard.'' Henry walked into the room with a plate of food. Bernard sighed, scratching the back of his head. ''Ah sorry, i didn't mean to.'' Henry sighed and shook his head, placing the plate of food on the nightstand. ''Eat up (Y/N), i don't want you starving.'' He said. ''I'll have a talk with William, if i can convince him maybe he'll let her liv-'' Bernard did not get to finish that sentence. ''NO, he would never accept a human living here of all things. He knows that if Malak finds out we are DEAD.'' Henry's outburst left you and Bernard speechless.

''Henry please listen-'' ''No, you listen here. If we tell William there is no way he is going to let her live.'' Henry was glaring at Bernard. ''Then what  action shall you take next?'' Henry was pacing around. ''I am going to try to hide her here as long as possible, the others don't enter these parts of the manor often, so  she should be easy to keep out of sight.'' Bernard gave Henry a dissaproving look. ''Henry, keeping her out of sight forever is impossible.'' Henry stopped pacing and sighed. ''I guess.. i guess you are right.'' Bernard smiled. ''I need to make sure (Y/N) wants to stay here however.'' Bernard and Henry were both staring down at you. As much as you wanted to get out of here, you weren't sure if Bierce was so trustworthy. You also knew the statues would never let you leave.

''Uhm, y-yes sure.'' Bernard's smile grew wider. ''Wonderfull! I will tak with the others.'' He made a swift exit, leaving you alone with Henry. There was an awkward silence before Henry spoke. ''I better start preparing before they come here.''

Henry sat down. ''Well then.. We've been stuck together for a while now. Let's get to know each other some more.'' You nodded.

~timeskip~~

You were sitting in Henry's chair, trying to read a book with a candle. Henry was mumbling and pacing around the room. You could tell he was paranoid. Just then the door swung open. Henry quickly stopped in his tracks and stared at the door. A statue dressed in gold and grey walked in. He looked tired. ''Henry, i was informed you are keeping an human here. Is that correct?'' The man looked around untill his eyes rested on you. Henry quickly walked over to you, putting his arms around you in a protective manner.

William shook his head. ''I thought about it, you can keep her.'' Henry stared at William in confusion. ''But, if she tries anything she will be dead right where she stands.'' William continued. ''Did i make myself clear?'' He stared down at you. You quickly nodded, not sure of what to say. ''Good, now that is out of the way.'' William sighed. ''I need to prevent Collin from killing Richard, again.'' He turned around and speed-walked out of the room. Henry sighed in relief. He then tightly wrapped his arms around you.

''Welcome to the group shortie.'' He smiled. This was the first time you saw Henry open up. There was an moment of silence before Henry quickly put a kiss on your forehead. You looked up at him in confusion. ''What..?'' He let out a nervous chuckle. ''I.. I love you.'' You smiled and montioned for him to kneel down a bit. ''Uhh?'' He did as you wanted and kneeled down. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders, giving him a kiss on the cheek. ''I love you too''