Chapter 4

'It's lovely to meet you.' Grace says with a smile, and they take their seats available in the room.

Ryleigh offers drinks, and Rory took their bags upstairs to their room. Once everything was sorted, the couple sit opposite their parents, and the nerves still hits Ryleigh, and Rory places his arm over her shoulder for comfort. Having them sit together, it astounds her how similar they all looked, as Grace and Julie wear a flowery top with cosy trousers.

'Oh, I see you have another tattoo.' Julie states, and she looks down at her right arm.

Ryleigh could never decide what kind of tattoo she would want, and with her parents' negativity rooted in her mind, it's a bad idea. While in prison, Rory learned how to be a tattoo artist, and he drew one for her with a fox on her left forearm. After she moved in, she wanted to get it.

Last year, Rory did another of a light pink rose above her forearm on the right side.

'It's a really nice work of art.' She looks at Rory, appreciated for what he did.

'If that's what you call it.' Julie responded, and the smile dropped off Ryleighs' face.

'I think it looks wonderful, Ry.' Grace interjects and put a little smile back on her face, as at least someone likes it.

Alan has never one to sit down for long periods and gets up to look at the paintings he has seen several times in the living room. But it is the first time he has seen the tall Christmas tree in the corner, glowing away with white lights and black baubles.

'That's a lot of presents!' He states.

'Some are from other members of the family, and Layla's are there too.' Rory mentions.

'So, where's Layla?' Julie asks, and they both heard the interest in her tone.

'She'll be here tomorrow.'

'On Christmas Eve? The poor girl will be exhausted for the next day.'

'That's the idea.' Ryleigh says sarcastically and believes Julie is missing her.

'I'm surprised you convinced Stacie.' Grace says.

Rory shrugs, 'She never challenged it.' he grabs Ryleigh by the waist pulling her closer, 'Besides, Ryleigh is going to be part of her life, and I want her to realise what it will be like to come to us during the holidays.' He looks into her eyes, 'You're amazing with her.' She smiles at him feeling admired, as his positivity makes her heart melt.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

As Layla lives in Las Vegas with Stacie, Rory meets them halfway in a small town. Since his celebrity status is growing, he now needs to cover himself to avoid attracting publicity. There's a moment where he stops and realises, when she grows a bit taller and a bit older, she would like to chat about stuff that might be important for her. She's growing up and interested in girly things, luckily he's got Ryleigh to help out, and she seems to be reeling her into a fun conversation.