Winter Wedding (Bonus Chapter)

The venue was a maze of white walls and doors with small tree decorations in each one—beautifully sculpted and with glistening yellow lights around the ceiling.

Rory and Ryleigh are searching for the rooms where the Bride and Groom are getting ready. On one, "Bridal Suite" is written in gold calligraphy, and on the other, "Groom Suite."

They split up, with Layla going with Ryleigh and Rex going with Rory. He knocks on the door of the groom's room. Josh, who is already half-dressed in grey trousers, a white shirt, and a yellow tie around his neck, opens the door and lets him in. A dark grey suit with a red tie hangs in the room, ready for Rory to put on, and a small dark red waistcoat hangs for Rex.

Josh and Rory catch up while getting ready and sorting Rex. Josh sits in his chair, looking at himself in the mirror, and his nerves start to increase.

'I can't believe this is finally happening.' He says.

'You nervous?'

'Kind of....I didn't think how easy it was to get everything together so quickly and whether I was still going to be here.'

As they reflect on the tragedy from nearly three months ago, the room falls silent, and Josh rises slowly, still feeling a bit of numbness in his leg.

'At least the crutches are gone, and I can walk better.'

'Just don't overdo it....and no alcohol either.' Rory tells him.

'Look at you, now bossing me around, telling me what to do.' Josh laughs as he takes the strong pain killers he takes to get through his good and bad days.

Rory buttoned up the waistcoat on Rex as he fidgets a lot, making it difficult for him to manage. When he's done, he hands over the train set to play with and goes over to Josh to help him with his tie.

'Did she like her present?' Josh asks.

'She loved it. I couldn't ask for a better reaction.' Rory responds.

When Layla made the wish, he felt torn on what to do. But Josh told him not to overthink it and at least try. It seems foolish not to do it now that Layla is looking up to Ryleigh and seeing the kind of woman she might be.

'I haven't told K at all, so it'll be a surprise to her too.'