Chapter 50

It was even worse when Cameron hit him for the first time, and the force of his movement diverted the shot for a moment. As the blood began to pour out, all the nerves signalled his brain to focus on one thing. Josh has no regrets for what he's done and is glad he's going in such a way that he'll be remembered for, saving the one he loves. Kelsie sobbed as she crawled to his side and put her hand on the shot to ease the pressure.

'Josh...no...' She speaks quietly.

'Hey....none of that..' He breathlessly speaks, trying to maintain a cheerful tone in his voice because he dislikes seeing her cry.

A grin appears on Cameron's face as his body gets weaker by the minute, and Rory notices it. He lets go of Ryleigh, walks over to kick the gun from his grip, and punches him in the face, knocking him out cold for definite.

Ryleigh is overwhelmed by the emotional trauma of losing her friend as she watches them lie there. Another reason to ball her eyes out again.

'Call 911!' Kelsie shouts, and Rory grabs his phone and walks out of the room.

He retains as much composure as he can, but his friend could die at any moment. Josh was already weak, and adding another strain to his body might cause it to shut down quite quickly. It's been unexpected but worthwhile to be with him on tour and to think that those might be Rory's last memories of him.

Ryleigh heads over next to them, no longer sitting there watching, and asks how she can help.

'What do you need?'

'Towels....you got any?' Kelsie responds while clasping Josh's hand in hers.

'I'll get them.' Rory comes back in, 'They're on their way.'

Ryleigh waits for him to return with some and then uses it to hold onto the pressure.

'Please....stay with me.' Kelsie pleadingly gazes into his brown eyes.