Chapter 31

Half an hour in, Rory blinks a lot and stumbles across the stage. The words slur out of his mouth now and then, but the background noise drowns it out. Either way, he's enjoying the moment, and so is the crowd.

Josh knows it's not him, that's not the Rory singing out there. He becomes reckless by leaping on the drum set, almost knocking it over and then flops to the ground. Rory struggled to get up, but once he did, he laughed to himself.

The audience wasn't seeing anything new, as he has been doing this type of thing every night. He was not like this on the TV show, making a mess on the floor and tossing bottles of water and shouting aggressively at the audience to get them to participate.

At one point, Valentina arrives on stage, and this time she leaves him alone, but Rory etches his way to her, holding her by the waist from behind and swaying side-to-side. Josh couldn't look and panics even more, as the phones are out filming every single movement he does. No doubt it will be on the internet in a few hours.

Rory sweats more and is hydrated frequently, the screamo and high notes where difficult to achieve tonight, but it didn't stop him from giving his all. After the show, the buzzing energy still running in his veins, and he is desperate to have something strong.

'V, let's take shots.' Rory calls out to her, 'Where's the Tequila at?'

'Right here babes.' She has one ready for them to take together, and as they down the shot, it burns his throat, giving him great satisfaction.

'Shit. I worked hard tonight, totally deserved that.'

'Yes, you did amazing.' She gloats for him, and they chuckle together.

Rory stumbles once more as his back legs collide with the couch, knocking him to the surface, while grabbing Valentina's arm and drags her down with him, both giggling. Josh shakes his head in disappointment.

'Rory, I think it's time to call it a night.' he says, interrupting their fun.

'Chill out man.' she mocks him.

'Yeah, chill out.' Rory joins in, and the two of them giggle like little kids once more. Josh has reached the point where he no longer cares and has become enraged.

'Fine....' he gritted his teeth,'...Why should I give a damn.'

The laughter stops from Rory's face as Josh's harsh words caught his ears, and he follows him outside.

'Yo, what's your problem?' Rory calls out.

'Nothing!' Josh turns round, 'There is no point, as you don't even listen to me anyway.' He continues to walk to the tour bus. Rory was baffled as to what had gotten under Josh's skin.

'Why are you being like this?' He watches Josh stop on the steps, and he thinks about what to say next.