Chapter 22

Rory decides to inform Cameron about the drugs and the guitarist's fate. Making amends and talking things out with Josh was a good way for him to get it off his chest. Another part of Rory felt relieved that he can resist the temptation not to have the drugs and remove them out of his sight quickly.

Josh applauds him for his actions, but Rory insists this is a one-off, and it might not be so easy next time. However, Josh advises him to always think about the positive things he has now, as this would cause him to avoid it. As long as he has that, Rory should not end up back to square one. Overall, he is unhappy with the guitarist's impact on the performance and wants to see him replaced.

He approached Cameron in the lobby while he was on the phone, pacing a little. Rory offered Josh to come down and give his side of the story, but he declined. He pretended to have more important priorities to attend to on the press release. Even with Rory around, Josh was hesitant to approach Cameron, which he preferred to avoid.

'Cameron, can I talk to you for a second?' Rory inquires, and he turns around, indicating that he will be off the phone in a moment. Rory never listened to the call because all he kept saying was "Yeah," and then he abruptly put the phone down.

'Hey, what's up?' Cameron says.

'I want to guitarist Justin gone. I don't want him around if he's taking substances that is affecting my tour.' He says it with a tense tone.

'Woah, let's take a step back. Come have a coffee with me, and we'll sort this out.' Cameron attempts to calm him down by gesturing him into the hotel dining room, where he orders two coffees. Rory tries to relax but remains angry in his body language while Cameron sits back into his chair with his ankle on his other leg's knee, forming a triangle.

'Look,' Cameron starts, 'the paramedics told us that he was just exhausted. If the substance were in his system, they would have said. Not only that, we solved a problem, and we didn't need to cancel the gig.'

'But Josh found them on the floor in his jeans.'

'Who said it was his jeans? It could of been someone else's.'

'Well then, we need to find out who is bringing these along...'

'We'll do that, but for now, suggesting to fire Justin is not the way.'

Rory went quiet and played with the drawstrings on his hoodie, 'I didn't think of that.' He says with guilt.

'Well, your friend shouldn't have accused before asking.'

'He's just looking out for me... .that's why I brought him here.' Rory scratches the back of his neck and not making eye contact. Without beating around the bush anymore, he comes out the truth,

'I need him to make sure that I'm not being destructive and fall back into the drugs and having too much alcohol. The last time I did that, I got arrested, and my marriage fell apart. I almost lost my daughter.' It almost makes him wonder if he's having nightmares because of what has happened before, and he's afraid of losing everything all over again.