Chapter 8

Today, Ryleigh is a birthday girl, and she's going to get spoiled, and Rory made sure she was the most important person ever. First, he woke up and cooked her favourite breakfast in bed that he made on the TV show. He wakes her up with his kisses tickling on her lips as she giggles away, to then opening her eyes to his contagious smile.

'Happy birthday.' He says gently.

'Thank you.' she whispers back and stretches.

'I made you breakfast,' he kisses her, 'and it's your favourite.'

She looks at the service tray and smiles. The fluffiness and soft taste of the pancakes melts into her mouth. It took her mind off quickly when she backed out of telling Rory about the baby, as her mind changes on whether this will be a good thing for them or not. Rory's smile on his face today is something that Ryleigh doesn't want disappearing.

He covers her eyes, takes her to the living room, and opens them to surprise her with large balloons of the numbers three and zero and gifts wrapped underneath them. Impressed with his little surprise, she carefully opens each from her parents, Grace, Kelsie, Josh and Layla.

While she looks at the new make-up set from her best friend, a new dress from Layla, Rory comes in with a bigger box in his hands. His smile knows she will love it, as he puts it on the floor, and she opens the lid to a new outfit by one of the top range designers in Los Angles. She holds up each item to look in closer detail. A black gemstone jacket with matching black pants with the designer logo on the side seams. A white high-top sneakers and a white graphic t-shirt printed with roses. Surprised with the outfit and astonished at how he got this. Rory had some connections that helped him, and he sat down, chuffed that she likes it.

Feeling touched and loved, she sinks into his arms and thanks him. Rory kisses the top of her head and strokes her messy bed hair. Her stomach cramps a little as it makes her think about the baby again, and she wonders if it's the right time to say something.

With the joy he portrays, she looks up at his face and tells her to put this outfit on to take some shots today. Anything he does can't be wrong in her eyes. She moves closer to his face and saddles on top, and kisses him. Enticing him, and takes his hand, dragging him upstairs to go back to bed as she needs a diversion, while Rory presumed its something else.

Later on, they went out for a hike around the mountains nearby to take some shots with her new outfit. The pants were a tight fit but hides the pain away as she is putting on the weight faster.

Standing on the top of the mountain, overlooking the beach and the city, posing like in the photoshoots. In some of the photos, Rory would set a timer, and they would pose together. They're facing and touching each other's foreheads and one hand on the back of his hair while his hands are on her waist. Her smile glows, and he thinks he'll never get tired of this women.

She burned up quickly and thought it was because she felt a little hydrated and set themselves back home. Rory blames that sugar intake she absorb into her system and is running out of its course. Also, he kept mentioning another gift she'll be getting later, and the suspense is killing her.