Chapter 16

Ryleigh went deeply into her mind, wondering why Stacie didn't trust her. Layla had been round before, but all the time, Rory was there. Maybe because of the fame they have now, Stacie is intimidated and assumes it's all an act. If she had more time, Ryleigh would explain everything that is real and how much she cares about both of them. She hopes that when the baby's news comes out, it might clarify how serious their relationship is.

'What are we going to do?' Layla asks in the back of the car, and it makes Ryleigh smile whenever she speaks.

'We can go somewhere fun this afternoon.'

'Oh, shoot!' Kelsie bursts out, 'I forgot you have a photoshoot this afternoon with the clothing line.'

'Can I be in it?' The little voice asks, and they pause, wondering what to say, at each other.

'They have a kids clothing line, we could ask.' Kelsie says and focuses on the road again.

'Should we check with Rory first? He might not be okay with her doing it.' Ryleigh queries as they've not discussed this, and it may not be something he would like her to do.

Kelsie shrugs, 'Give him a call.' She pulls her phone out and dials the number. For a while, the phone rang and went to voice mail.

'Nope, not picking up.'

'Try Josh.' Kelsie suggests, and Ryleigh tries and no response.

'Must be busy.'

'We'll see what happens when we get there.'

Ryleigh turns to look at Layla with a smile on her face. 'Going to have some photos taken this afternoon, sound good?' and Layla nods.

The only priority Ryleigh has is keeping Layla happy and not letting Rory down.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

They show up at a clothing line photoshoot, Black Sk8, Rory's and Ryleigh's friends after the public spotlight. The white backdrop and the heated lights with a selection of clothing ready to be worn onto Ryleigh's body. The only thing she was staring at was Layla's face, beaming with excitement and holding her hand tight. They were welcomed in by Jackie, the clothes merchandiser. She grinned at the familiar faces with her short, light blonde bob, thick black glasses, and oversize pants.

'Ryleigh!' Jackie shouts and gives two air kisses on the cheeks.

'So good to see you, J.' Ryleigh responds, and she moves to Kelsie and gives a kiss to her.

'Who is this cutie?' She's looking down at Layla, going all red and fiddling with the end of her dress.

'This is Rory's daughter, Layla.'

'Can I have some pictures done? Please?' Layla begs and gives off a small smile.