Chapter 48

Slowly approaching the door without making a sound, it was already open. They exchange glances, recognising that something isn't quite right. Rory eventually pushes it aside and decides to creep around the house in the dark, cautiously examining every corner. Josh attempts to remain as quiet as possible because the pain was becoming unbearable. Even though he was drained, he was determined to keep Rory safe and find Kelsie.

Every room downstairs shows no signs of life and make their way upstairs. While tip-toeing along the hallway, Rory opens to one of the bedrooms she turned into a nursery. He wished he could turn the lights on to see it, but he needed to focus on finding her and check the rest of the house.

Ryleigh and Rory's bedroom is at the end of the hallway, with the door nearly shut. Rory slowly pushes it open, seeing Ryleigh tied to the bedpost. Her mouth covered with a white cloth, with her eyes glassed over, and her cheeks flushed with distress. Her bump is visible under her tight black t-shirt, and she begs Rory for help.

'Ryleigh!' He cries and races forward, traumatised, but is stopped by a click as a tall, strong man stands tall next to her.

'You think you could disappear and be done with it?...' He pulls back the metal pistol's ejection point in his hands and points it at Ryleigh's head.

'....The game has only just started...' He smirks, and Ryleigh cries even louder as the cold steel pressed against her temple.

'Cameron...you don't have to do this...' Rory says calmly, but he is screaming in horror within his head when he sees her in danger.

'Pfft, don't talk me out of it, and don't think that I don't know what I'm doing...because I do...Stacie and I deserve better!' Cameron peers over Rory's shoulder and sees Josh, who has been marked and bruised due to his actions, '...Should of hit you harder....' He takes his gun away from Ryleigh's head, '...She belongs to me.'

'No....Kelsie doesn't want you.' Josh takes a stand.

'What do you know?... She'll be the one to tell me...so where is she?'

They're both staring at Cameron in silence, which irritates him.

'I said....WHERE IS SHE?' He returns the gun to Ryleigh, who sobs even harder, afraid that he will pull the trigger at any moment. They flinch, fearing for her life.