Chapter 58

On her way to bed, Ryleigh checks on the kids. She resists visiting their bedroom because so much has happened there. The bloodstains on the carpet have dried and stained, and she can still see them. They haven't vanished after a thorough cleaning with bleached chemicals. Rory lies in bed, waiting for her to enter and diverts his attention.

How Valentina became entangled in it, and how he almost lost everything. Apart from him, she believes she became attached to him because she was afraid of Cameron and couldn't tell him. Rory acknowledged that he observed V's fear but attributed it to nerves before the show started. When it comes down to it, it's all because of Cameron.

Ryleigh enters and changes into a tank top and shorts, eager to feel his warmth and comfort. Climbing in and lying down on her pillow facing him, he follows suit. Rory can tell she's somewhere else from the look on her face.

'You ok? It looks like you've got something on your mind?'

'I'm just remembering what Valentina said about being lucky to have you.' She responds.

'I wouldn't say lucky....I would call it fate.'

'So fate meaning I got drunk and decided to sign up for the TV show?'

They giggled together.

'No...that was your destiny.' He sighs, 'I once wished I could find somebody to do this with.'

'You did, huh?' Her brow furrows in wonder.

He nods, '...That place we go to in the mountains...I went there the day before we started the TV show and watched the stars. Never done it before, and I must have been nervous.

I thought it would clear my head. But it got me thinking, I thought, there must be someone out there who could love me and everything I love too. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough, and perhaps I needed to picture her who I wanted her to be.'

'So what did you have in mind?' When she teases him, he bites his lower lip.

'Blonde hair, beautiful green eyes...' As he climbs on top of her, Ryleigh smiles. '....great with her hands...' She giggles, '...and amazing lips to kiss...' He kisses her on the lips.