Chapter 27

Rory had hoped that drinking most nights heavily would help him sleep better, but it did the opposite. He tries to battle the nightmares, but the more time he spends away from Ryleigh and Layla, the worse his dreams get.

In the dark, he hears a female voice he's never heard before,

"You need to wake up!" she cries to him, "Please".

Rory opens his eyes and bolts up, with wires hooked to him and MRI scans above him. He notices a woman in a black top and jeans with dark brown eyes and short hair and seems familiar to him.

"Where am I?" he asks.

"You'll be fine, you're safe now," she says, and her eyes seem sweet and innocent as she tries to touch his cheek, but he backs away.

"Who the fuck are you?" he asks, adjugated, and the scene fades to black, with Layla standing by the door, the light shining behind her.

"Layla?" The person in the hood approached from behind and placed their hand on her shoulder, guiding her away from Rory. "Get away from her!"

He leaps from the bed and comes to a halt as the clatter of chains tangle around his ankles. The door shuts, and another room lights up with Ryleigh crying on their bed. The chains are long enough for him to reach her.

"Ryleigh?" He gently calls her name and places his hand on her shoulder.

"Get away from me!" She jumps up and takes a step back, "Please stop, you're going to make things worse." Rory is deeply disturbed by the distress on her face, and he hopes to fix it.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

"It's all your fault! I've lost everything because of you and your selfish ways. I've lost my baby!" The tears trickle down her face, and Rory becomes numb.

One of his worst fears has come true, causing him a great deal of heartache. He struggles to find the right words to say and feels a pain in his chest. He is unable to stand and falls to the ground.

When the rain begins to fall, he raises his eyes to the hooded man and stands up. The figure takes a few steps back and turns away from him. They then remove the cloak, revealing bright bleached blonde hair and their body covered in tattoos identical to Rory's. The person turns their head over their shoulder and looks dead at him in the eyes,

"No." Rory mutters.....

He wakes up with sweat all over his body. The dreams are getting worse, and panics grows into his mind, and he needs to call Ryleigh. For her to be upset when he was not there to comfort her is one of his greatest fears. The fact that she lost the baby made it so real. He checks the time and sees it's late, and he can't wake her up again. To take his mind off, he puts headphones in and listens to some music.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••