Chapter 55

On the day of the court hearing, he changes his shirt several times, figuring out which one would make him look like a father. For this scenario, he didn't think it was appropriate to show any tattoos. He finally decided on a dark grey long shirt, and black pants would do. Using a clean moisturiser to remove the bags from under his eyes and brushing his bed hair down.

Ryleigh settles Rex in his room before entering their bedroom and witnessing Rory's stress. She senses him waking up too frequently in the night and comforts him as he crawls back to bed, kissing the side of his neck and following the lines of his arm tattoos. The tingling feeling relaxes him and gives him goosebumps.

'You going to be ok?' She approaches him and completes the buttoning of his shirt. 'You sure you don't want me there.'

Her kindness calms his mind, and when she finishes, he grabs her hands and hugs them to his chest and shakes his head.

'This is my battle. I think having too many people will make things difficult....I'm sorry.' Rory's lowers his head, and she rests her forehead on his.

'It's ok. She's your little girl...' She says, and he rubs her nose with his as he admires her tender words. '...Then she'll be with us...forever.'

Rory kisses her passionately, releasing a smouldering fire inside him, and she lets him press his body against hers while holding her hips. She senses both his pain and passion at the same time and takes control of their kissing.

Ryleigh's desire grows as her hand travels to his neck and etches him further. He wanted more, he took her to the bed, and she sunk onto her back while he was on top of her. He kisses her neck and touches her waist and stomach, skimming around her jean waistband with his fingertips.

'Rory...' she mutters, and he carries on. '...Rory.' Ryleigh speaks louder, and he stops to look at her, '....You have to go...'

The rush of sensation causes him to burrow his head into the side of her neck, catching his breath.

'...Hey...' He looks at her again, '...we can finish this when you come back...'

The quick steamy sensation is just what he needed, and the love in her eyes warms his heart.