Chapter 6

They make their daily trip to the grocery store as Rory pushes the shopping trolly, she looks round to pick up the essentials, but one of the isles is calling her name. She recalls a crisps brand that reminds her of home, but here, they have a thousand more flavours, and she wants to try all of them. Ryleigh adds three flavours into the shopping trolley and looks at the shelf again to pick up another four.

Rory looks at her in surprise and politely asks her to stop adding more. Ryleigh convinces him that she wants to test some new ones, but Rory sticks to his guns and explains high salt intake and advises her to take it in small doses so that she doesn't feel sick. With a pout, she puts the rest back and keeps one in the shopping trolly.

Ryleigh opened the package after shopping and took a handful out to scoff down, recalling the salty taste tickling her tongue. It makes her moan into a food coma and how much she misses them.

Rory receives a notice from the postal company that a package has arrived for him to collect and explained to her it's for someone special. She liked the idea of him being mysterious and how much he is thinking of her. As he left, Ryleigh immediately goes into the kitchen and gets the tub of crisps.

She takes the tub into the lounge and lies down, grabbing another handful on the comfortable black L-shaped couch with a grey cushion as a pillow. Her arm is in motion with the crisps entering her mouth while watching the TV. The salty taste excites her.

With the final touches put in place and her birthday is just around the corner, he is excited for her to open the special gift because he knows she'll love it. Rory arrives home and hears the TV running and sees Ryleigh on the couch with her eyes closed, and he has realised for a while that she took a lot of naps during the day and went for the unhealthy stuff. He can see the empty tub of crisps on the floor as she ate the whole thing in one go.

A little surprised that she had a bigger stomach than he thought, Rory was sitting next to her, stroking her hair, thinking about the women who is his and will forever be his. Valentina wasn't like that, and he kept reminding himself and will never take her for granted. Ryleigh can sense his touch and inhales deeply, stretching her rigid body and opening her eyes gradually.

'Didn't hear you come back.' she speaks quietly, adjusting herself back to reality.

'I just did, you've been asleep again.'

'Yeah, been helping me recently.' Her throat is dry and rises from the sofa, but when her head spins, she sinks back down.

'Hey, you alright?' Rory asks and holds onto her hands,

'Yeah, just feeling a bit dizzy, must have napped too much.' She smiles as she blames herself.

'You look a little bit pale.' and touches the top of her forehead, 'You still feel warm too.'

'I'll get some water.' She starts to get up,

'I can-'

'No, it's fine.' She tells him and takes a step forward, and when her head feels like it's moving faster, the room begins to get blurry, and with that, she falls onto the soft rug.