Chapter 24

Rory unwinds in his bunk while riding the tour bus to the next town, listening to his favourite music through his headphones. There are some of his girlfriends, friends, and Valentina's in there as well. In his opinion, the randomness of shuffle play is always intriguing, and his mood shifts slightly depending on the track.

When he hears Ryleigh's, he smiles and remembers all of the beautiful things they've done together for nearly two years, and he imagines their child for the first time in their arms. Ester and Drew collaborated on one and came up with a strong song that works.

Valentina's music has a flirty, sexy appeal to it as she expresses her affection for someone, even though it isn't love, and since her approach targets a different audience, but the beats are strong. One of her songs, "In My Room," has sparked Rory's attention.

We might as well go to my room,

That's all we're here to do,

Tell her you'll be back soon,

You can undress me, I always make sure it's easy,

We might get in trouble, but that's part of the fun,

When I'm with you.

My body needs your touch,

As I miss you so much,

Come over into my bed,

My heart beats out of my chest,

When I hear you calling my name,

When you're in my bed.

You only live once, you know.

Midway through, his phone buzzed with a message from Ryleigh, which included a video. As he opens it, he hears her voice and examines the scan more closely, but he can't tell where the head and legs are. Either way, he's happy, and they're both in good health.

He gets up after watching and shows it to Josh, who is ecstatic. With the final touches added, the news went out to the public. In a matter of seconds, the likes and feedback poured in, and every music magazine and radio station covered it.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

A few weeks into the tour, it's all going well again. His performance is on top, but he still has nightmares at night. Rory keeps seeing the person with the hood standing next to a gravestone with his name on it, and he keeps asking who he is.

"You'll never change, I'll always be your shadow." They respond.

After that, he still hears Layla's voice calling to him, and he enters her room to play tea party, which is her favourite game. Although he's having fun acting, Layla asks a tough question.

"Daddy? Why did you go to jail?".