[ thirty-three ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 62 || 10:12 a.m. ||

"Easy, easy... and breathe out."

The kind nurse gently pats the redhead's back after her second attempt at sitting up. She stares at her legs that dangled off the white bed. It's been a long time since she's used them... they felt so numb.

"Let's try walking, miss Ral?"

Smiling brightly, Petra nods her head in response. "Let's do it!"

|| 10:38 a.m. ||

"Oh, nothing changed."

Armin looks at his patient, a bit confused. He takes a few seconds to scan the open area as well before he turns to Petra. "Except for the vending machines, you're right: nothing did change."

"Well, that's great. At least this place is still familiar to me, like nothing happened!"

Petra's enthusiasm was one of the things Armin looked forward to hearing everyday. Not being able to listen to her usual rambling for the past few weeks left a foreign feeling inside the blond psychiatrist. But now that she's back, everything started to feel normal.

"How was things when I was gone? Did something happen?"

"Something did happen, but it's alright now. Don't worry about it."

The patient pouts, but shrugs the topic off. Well, whenever her psychiatrist says not to worry, she'd always heed his words. She knew that he knows better than her, thus her high respect for him.

"How's Marco doing by the way?"

"He's doing fine. With his progress, he'll be good to go soon."

"Wow, good for him," Petra beams, "can we visit him later?"

"Of course. Maybe you can have your lunch with him too, he's concerned about you too and I don't think he knows you being here yet."

"Great, I'll surprise him!"

Today's just like any other regular day in Area 104. Doctors and patients roamed around the open garden while guards monitored them from their stations. Barely anyone spoke about the incident days ago, mainly because the staff didn't encourage it.

Armin and Petra were on their way to a bench in front of the large fountain when the girl suddenly halts her movement.

"I forgot to ask -- how's Levi doing?"

With a hesitant smile, the male doctor responds to his patient, "That's strange of you to ask, Petra."

"I just wanna know."

Right before he speaks, he notices Petra's gaze locked on something from afar. The doctor follows her line of sight, before he sighs.

He saw two familiar figures on a bench turned away from where he and Petra were standing. One was clearly male, his dark locks styled in an undercut and the other was female with her blonde hair in a small bun.

Armin places his hand on the redhead's shoulder.

"Do you want to go and ask him that yourself?"