[ twenty-five ]

| N | O | T | E | We're officially half-way through the book guys! 🔥🔥🔥

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 37 || 9:40 a.m. ||

"Mr. Ackerman?"

Levi looks up from the book he was reading and saw his guards standing by the doorway. One was holding a straitjacket, which he gritted his teeth at.

"It's time to go."

The ravenette closes the book then sets it down on his bed before he silently walks over to the two, taking the straitjacket and wearing it with the help of the armed men. One goes in front of him to lead the way to the medical department while the other shut his cell door close and stayed behind them.

Levi felt stares coming from the different people passing by him. He didn't pay attention to any of them, though the unwanted attention gradually irritated him. The feeling with his arms around himself was foreign to him by now; it's been a long time since he wore the white jacket, after all.

A few minutes have passed until the guard in front of Levi stopped walking. Faces he didn't recognize awaited Levi's arrival by the room he was assigned in, in lab gowns and a face mask covering half of their faces.

"Take him inside." A doctor commands after sparing a glance at the stoic man and his companions.

The room was spacious, with just two chairs across from each other and a machine beside one of them. The guards let Levi sit on the chair beside the contraption before they assist him in removing his straitjacket.

"I'll take it from here, gentlemen." A feminine voice spoke from the doors, gaining the trio's attention. There stood a tall, dark-haired girl with a blank face on. The guards nodded their head and left the room shortly. Two nurses entered inside, tending to the machine to Levi's left while the girl stood right beside the pair of doors as she watched her two subordinates do their work.

"It's all good, doc." One of the nurses turned to the female doctor, flashing her a thumbs-up.

Mikasa makes her way to the chair across Levi's, setting her clipboard down on the seat before she carefully examines Levi's features, with Levi doing the same to her.

What the fuck, Levi raised an eyebrow at the strange familiarity the girl's face possessed, especially the color of her eyes and hair. Who the hell...

Another female voice sounded from the other side of the doors.

"Is Doctor Ackerman inside?"

(Y/n)... Levi's face relaxed a little as soon as he recognized her sweet voice. But what he heard her say confused him.

Doctor Ackerman?

This girl has the same surname as him? Or maybe he just misheard?

Mikasa and (Y/n) immediately locked eyes as soon as the latter went through the white doors. (Y/n) glanced towards where Levi sat, recalling everything that has happened the previous night in a blink of an eye.

"I brought a syringe." (Y/n) utters, showing the other doctor a plastic container with a sterilized syringe inside. Mikasa walks over to (Y/n), gently taking the object from her before the two of them faced Levi. He had his eyes focused on (Y/n) the entire time with an unreadable expression on.