[six ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 6 || 9:45 a.m. ||

3rd Person POV

"Paging Doctor Zackley: please come to the lobby. I repeat, Doctor Zackley, please come to the lobby."

(Y/n) looks up at the speaker on the ceiling, an eyebrow raised. Mikasa and Frieda looked at her, also wondering why she was being called down.

"Maybe you have a visitor, (N/n). Go check." Frieda spoke, nudging (Y/n)'s arm. The female shrugged, "Yeah, I probably should."

(Y/n) leaves the two alone by the vending machine. She takes a sip from the cup of (hot drink of choice) in her hands as she decided to take the elevator since she was on the fourth floor of the building.

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

(Y/n) stops in her tracks, staring at the familiar figure, talking to some of the staff, from afar. She cautiously walked closer as the visitor laughed with her co-workers.

"Dad?"

The gray-haired man smiles upon hearing his daughter's voice. He turns around and opens his arms while wearing a wide smile on his face.

"There's my little cupcake!"

(Y/n) chuckles, quickly going to her father and giving him a hug.

"What are you doing here dad? I thought you were out of the country!"

Darius pushes his glasses back, "I just arrived yesterday and decided to pay you a visit. It's been a while since I've been here, anyway."

The other staff excused themselves and left the man with his child.

"I heard you received a new patient just recently."

(Y/n) nods at her father's sentence, "It's Levi Ackerman."

Darius pauses, blinking at (Y/n). "The infamous country-hopping criminal?" "The SOS captured him and Erwin decided to put him here for rehab." (Y/n) explains, almost making fun of her father's shocked expression.

"Well... how is he doing?"

"He's fine. Just a few, uh, problems here and there but it's nothing I couldn't handle."

"What does he look like?"

"Why don't I just show you?"

Darius widens his eyes, "You'll let me meet him?"

(Y/n) chuckles at his reaction. "Only through the cameras in the security room, dad. I can't let you meet him in person so suddenly." Darius excited expression dropped.

"Don't get my hopes up, (N/n)." "You sound like Hanji when she heard Levi's already here," the female releases another chortle before gesturing towards the staircase, "come on, let's go upstairs."

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

"Mr. Zackley!"

A blond man in the security room stands up from his seat as the door opens. Darius' tall figure enters the well-lit room with (Y/n) trailing behind. His eyes scanned the huge monitor on the wall and the variety of control buttons and switches laying in front of it.