[ sixteen ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 21 || 12:00 noon ||

The guards standing outside cell 30, hearing the loud ringing of the lunch bell, unlocked the steel door and left it agape for the male inside to step out himself.

Levi groans, the bustling noise from outside his cell slightly irritating him since he had just woken up from a short nap. Though when he saw his door open, he leaves the comfort that was his bed and walked out. This wasn't the first time he was getting out of his cell for a meal after all, so he already knew the drill.

It's just been a whole week and a couple of days since he had been last allowed to dine with the others.

He wordlessly enters the cafeteria, surrounded by prisoners and other patients also making their way inside. The huge glass wall was the first thing that caught the ravenette's attention once he was in. Sometimes, he wondered why that thing stood on its place, but it doesn't take him long to realize that it's to protect the variety of workers on the other side of the glass.

He takes the seat farthest from the other white-clad patients and prisoners in black -- since he wasn't one for socializing -- and that position happened to be right beside the transparent wall separating him from the facility's staff.

Levi ignores his surroundings and searched for a certain someone possibly seated somewhere on the other side of the glass. He only snaps out of his small hunt when the food server placed his tray of food in front of him.

Where is she? Levi thinks to himself. (Y/n) should be here by this time, or maybe she was running a bit late?

The male decides to push the matter aside for now and focused on his meal.

Until his peripheral vision caught a figure leaning on the wall to his right, as if watching him.

His stoic gaze fell on an unfamiliar brunette currently staring at him, her eyes looking very interested as she scanned Levi's features like she would do to a new coworker.

Except this one was her friend's patient.

Levi's eyes remained cold the entire time the stranger observed him, a small grin crawling up her lips before she says a loud "hello".

Levi cocks a brow at the brunette, who seemed like a doctor because of her outfit, and scowled.

A can of soda hits the female from behind, much to Levi's slight surprise.

"Don't go scaring the patients again, Hanji." He hears a faint feminine voice playfully scolding the girl now known as 'Hanji'.

"I'm just watching him 'cause he's so fascinating to look at!" The taller female responds in a whining tone.

"Just go to our table already," Cue to another hit on Hanji's head, "and take your drink with you."

Levi's gaze followed the pouting brunette as she walked away before he darts his attention to the one behind her.

(Y/n) wore a small smile as she watched Hanji go to their friends, just as she had instructed her to. Her expression only brightened when she saw who Hanji's latest victim was.

Levi and (Y/n) looked at each other for a few seconds, with (Y/n) waving at him with a beautiful grin plastered on her face.