[ thirty-eight ]

|| ᴅᴀʏ : 67 || 3:20 p.m. ||

Do I have to go through this every damn month?

Levi releases a small groan as one of the many guards surrounding him threw a straitjacket over his head, making him wear the apparel before they loop the leather belts together to make sure his arms stay locked in place.

A total of five guards surround the patient, two in front and three behind him. They lead the ravenette to another building where his second test would be performed. The way to their destination was longer than before, therefore having more eyes glance Levi's way. The attention annoyed the hell out of him, but he can't do anything about it, given his condition. Which annoyed him even more.

"Doctor Zackley, your patient's here."

(Y/n) looks at the entrance of the room just in time to see Levi's figure clad in white enter through the doors. The armed wardens don't leave his side; they followed him when he strides over to his psychiatrist. Only after (Y/n)'s words of reassurance did they back away and stand by the exit, watching the patient from afar.

"Are you feeling alright? Did you take the tablets I gave you a while ago?" She asks, her hands going to soothe Levi's upper arms as she scanned the clean straps all over his torso. Levi only hums at her questions.

"Good -- now come on, the others are waiting for us."

(Y/n) takes Levi to another room. His eyes study the faces of the people inside; he recognized most of them but there were new ones he wasn't familiar with.

"Where are his guards, doctor?"

A gruff, masculine voice directs the question to the woman who had just entered. (Y/n)'s focus diverts to the man standing beside Mikasa, "They're right outside, Keith. We won't need them here."

The man, now named Keith, glared at Levi. The patient doesn't falter though. He returned the glare back wordlessly, the two staring at each other's soul until (Y/n) pulls Levi with her to the chair in the middle of the room.

"They're gonna do the same procedure, okay? All are harmless, don't worry, just relax and let them check you up."

The other doctors inside observed the interaction between the psychiatrist and her patient, a little bemused of Levi's passiveness. Truth be told, all of them expected some sort of resistance from the convict.

Levi was well-behaved as he let Mikasa and (Y/n) handle the needed mechanisms and attach them to him.

Being someone who used to major in the psychiatry field, Keith quickly presumed his docility as a guise.

"Alright, we'll take it from here," he claps his hands, "I'll have you called when we're finished, Doctor Zackley."

(Y/n) glanced at her senior.

I only have less than fifteen minutes to get to Annie's room. I should leave if I want to make it on time.

"I'll see you later, Levi." With a squeeze of his shoulder, (Y/n) smiles down at the dark-haired man. He only smirks back.

Her smile was tensed and short-lived. As soon as her back faced Levi, it disappeared.

Don't worry, sweetheart. I won't. His gaze doesn't leave his doctor until her figure disappeared behind the exit of the room.