[ thirty ]

|| 12:02 p.m. ||

"Well that was fun."

Levi glanced at (Y/n), whose smile still didn't falter since a while ago. His soulless eyes softened a bit at her bright expression.

"We should do it again sometime, don't you think, Levi?"

"Fuck no."

The girl's face dropped at Levi's apathetic response. "Why not? Do you not like it outside?" She asks.

"Socializing is stupid as hell."

"That sounds like something a toddler would say..."

Levi paused walking as his gaze darkened at (Y/n)'s quiet comment. Realizing her mistake, the doctor panics and placed a hand on Levi's shoulder to try and calm him down. "I'm sorry, that was insensitive of me!"

At the touch of her fingers, Levi eased. Her apology was no doubt a genuine one; the slight fear in her (e/c) orbs was enough for Levi to believe her.

"Sometimes I forget you're my patient, hence the mindless whispers..." (Y/n) lets out a strained chuckle, "I'll be more careful next time, promise."

Levi puts his own hand and placed it on top of (Y/n)'s. He gives it a series of small pats. "It's fine." He stated, making sure it was only her who heard him speak. (Y/n)'s small frown turned into a smile after Levi's reassurance, before they continued walking to the cafeteria together. With Levi's guards still behind them, of course.

(Y/n) remained quiet after their short misunderstanding, not wanting to say anything that may offend Levi in any way. Levi didn't expect her silence though, perhaps he was too hard on her?

"... It was a great idea to go outside today."

(Y/n)'s cheeks flushed a bit before she turns her head to look at Levi. Like always, he was already looking at her.

"Going wasn't as bad as I originally thought."

"Oh..." (Y/n) pressed her lips together to form a straight line, "I was thinking we could eat there together, since it's more peaceful there than in the cafeteria... But we don't have to if you don't want to."

Levi kept his eyes on (Y/n) for the following seconds, his insides happy -- too happy -- about her wholesome invitation. Surely he couldn't turn down something his precious girl suggests.

Because she asked nicely.

"Alright."

Levi's eyes slightly widen at the sight of (Y/n)'s toothy grin. He didn't expect her to react so fondly of his short answer.

"Then we'll just fetch our trays in the cafeteria before we find a quiet spot back there. I won't let you down this time!"

Lucky for him, Levi managed to stop himself from smiling at her sweet voice.

You never did, sweetheart.

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 12:20 p.m. ||

"You like this spot?"

(Y/n) sits down on the grass, her own tray of food on her lap as she pats the space beside her. "Come on, sit here."

After placing his tray on the ground, Levi places himself beside his doctor.

"Your friends allowed you to eat here? With me?"